Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an acceptance from one of my top schools. Should I interview with schools I am not likely to go to? Or should I cancel the interviews?
So there is no protocol, but you have the flexibility of making your final decisions in the spring. But I would consider other people who are waiting for a chance and decline interviews where you know you don't want to go. Because you already have an offer, I would not keep your additional interviews for "practice".

Multiple offers are great, and you can make choices based on financial assistance and scholarships. Just make sure you focus on the places where you want to live and be trained. Don't just do it for the sake of trying to negotiate a better scholarship deal. There's more to health professional school than just the cost of attendance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not a believer in declining interviews unless you’re 100% certain that you wouldn’t go there, even if they gave you a tuition waver. The same is true for residency and job offers. You may find there are things you love about the city/program/faculty/etc. and it rapidly moves up your list.
I never would have imagined I’d turn down a fellowship at Boston Children’s Hosptial, but I did. They are great, Harvard and all that, but the vibe was not good. No regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.