Chance me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toshpharmd

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduated with sub 3.0 cGPA & sGPA. Took the PCAT & got a 60 percentile. Is there any chance of me getting accepted with these stats or should I retake my PCAT? I am working at a pharmacy currently and feel confident I would like it.

Members don't see this ad.

You got a 60 PCAT and are asking if you should retake it or not...? Maybe if you had a 4.0 it wouldn't matter as much but your GPA is just as bad.

Graduated with sub 3.0 cGPA & sGPA. Took the PCAT & got a 60 percentile. Is there any chance of me getting accepted with these stats or should I retake my PCAT? I am working at a pharmacy currently and feel confident I would like it.
I mean it's not the best stats but I feel like if you applied to a lot of schools, you'll get in somewhere. Pharmacy school nowadays is not as competitive as before.

Members don't see this ad :)
You got a 60 PCAT and are asking if you should retake it or not...? Maybe if you had a 4.0 it wouldn't matter as much but your GPA is just as bad.

Totally understand your point. Would you say I should aim for a 80+ percentile for a decent chance? I don't mind retaking the PCAT but my concern is if schools will look down upon that gpa.

Since your GPA isn't competitive at all, you should aim for an 85%+ with scores in chemistry and biology over 90%.

Also, is that your pharmcas GPA or college calculated GPA?

Last edited:
Since your GPA isn't competitive at all, you should aim for an 85%+ with scores in chemistry and biology over 90%.

Also, is that your pharmcas GPA or college calculated GPA?

I calculated it myself. Is there a difference in how pharmcas will calculate GPAs?

I calculated it myself. Is there a difference in how pharmcas will calculate GPAs?

Depends on how you calculated it. If you repeated a course Pharmcas will include both the original grade and all retake grades. Pharmcas also includes failing grades. Not sure about how you scaled it, but most schools have the 3.0, 3.33, 3.67, and 4.0 etc scale. Pharmcas uses 3.0, 3.30, 3.70, and 4.0 etc instead, so it makes a slight difference. There's more information about how they calculate GPA on their website.

Depends on how you calculated it. If you repeated a course Pharmcas will include both the original grade and all retake grades. Pharmcas also includes failing grades. Not sure about how you scaled it, but most schools have the 3.0, 3.33, 3.67, and 4.0 etc scale. Pharmcas uses 3.0, 3.30, 3.70, and 4.0 etc instead, so it makes a slight difference. There's more information about how they calculate GPA on their website.

I used the 3.0, 3.30, 3.70 etc. scale to calculate it & includes all grades (nothing omitted). My only concern is that even with a high PCAT, my GPA will hinder my application. Any tips of which schools to look at that tend to overlook a low GPA in return for a higher PCAT.

I used the 3.0, 3.30, 3.70 etc. scale to calculate it & includes all grades (nothing omitted). My only concern is that even with a high PCAT, my GPA will hinder my application. Any tips of which schools to look at that tend to overlook a low GPA in return for a higher PCAT.
Try the newer schools like Larkin in Miami.

I wouldn't worry about getting in. Pharmacy schools are really easy into as long as you're willing to sign away $200k+ in loans. The problem is that the job market is saturated, so finding a job after you graduate will be difficult.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

You'll get in with an amazing essay and great extra curriculars. Also nailing the interview. Believe it or not..GPA and PCAT isn't EVERYTHING...