This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DENTALAPPLICANT2019

Reaction score
My GPA is 3.9

My DAT is AA 23 PAT 21

I am from Indiana and graduated Indiana University Bloomington.

What are my chances of getting into CA schools? (ex. UCLA, UCSF, USC)

My activities are descent (research, dental lab, shadowing, leadership, volunteering etc..)

I want to know if CA dental schools are exclusive to out-state.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. UCLA is a hard one to get into, same with UCSF to a lesser extent.

But schools like UoP, USC, and Western don't give priority to in state students.

If you've already applied, good chance. If not, it's getting late for OOS applicants to apply to the UC's (not necessarily to the remaining 4).

Research will help you at both of the UC's. GPA is above average for both UC's, but for UCLA you're about average for DAT, UCSF you're slightly above average. The other four are private schools and don't care for residency, and your stats are above average for all four.

I believe you have a shot at all 6, but for the two UC's, the best chance is if you've already applied (like early, June-early July). If not, apply asap as it greatly diminishes as time goes on- they interview very few OOS applicants.