Chairman LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringsurgeon123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the chairman for our department recently step down a couple months back because he didn't want to do the admin side of things anymore. I got my LOR from him when he was the chairman but don't have one (or even really know) from the interim chairman.
I know that most programs don't really require a LOR from a chairman and that getting a LOR from someone you know is better than from a chairman that you don't really know.
Is this going to be an issue that I don't have a letter from the current chairman? The question seems neurotic, but figured I'd ask anyway.
Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

So the chairman for our department recently step down a couple months back because he didn't want to do the admin side of things anymore. I got my LOR from him when he was the chairman but don't have one (or even really know) from the interim chairman.
I know that most programs don't really require a LOR from a chairman and that getting a LOR from someone you know is better than from a chairman that you don't really know.
Is this going to be an issue that I don't have a letter from the current chairman? The question seems neurotic, but figured I'd ask anyway.
Thanks in advance!!

No. You don't need a chairman's letter.