Chad's Prep Videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsetareh

Reaction score
Hi all,

For those who used Chad's videos (coursesaver) to prepare for the OAT, did you only use his OAT specific videos? Or did you use all the videos he has posted for each subject?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used his OAT specific videos! I only paid for the month so I was only able to watch the orgo, gen chem, physics, and about half of the QR videos. I did all the problems that came with the videos as well. I mostly used this to relearn the subjects and I think he did a good job! I scored a 330 AA and TS. Definitely would suggest using other resources to do more problems and do more practice exams though if you want a higher score. If you go on chads website (his own not coursesaver) he has a bunch of practice OAT tests for each subject that I used too which were great. But his OAT videos touch on almost everything that I saw on these sections on the real exam. If his videos still don’t clear up a topic for you, look it up on YouTube as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much! That's an amazing score! I started with the OAT specific ones, then saw he has a million more for each subject so I freaked out lol. Did you already have a strong background in all subjects? What else did you use for practice questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I was a biology major in college and did somewhat well in all the classes! But most of them (other than bio) I hadn’t studied in 2-3 years so I basically had to reteach myself everything hahaha. In addition to coursesaver, I used the chads practice oat tests mostly! But I also had the big Kaplan oat book and did a few questions from those. I was pretty worried about physics, so in addition to coursesaver and chads physics test, I watched some of the organic chem tutor’s physics videos on YouTube. He has videos on literally every physics concept and has problems that he works through! I would watch the videos I was still confused on and do the problems he had on the videos. For practice exams I just took the two Kaplan exams that I got with the book. I would say watch and do problems, but also to make flashcards! Many of the problems are conceptual and memorization, so you have to be able to identify the topic being asked and then just regurgitate the answer.

Reactions: 1 user
Course saver is incredible for teaching what you need to know for the test, especially for O-chem and Physics. I would try to shoot through all the subjects except Biology in a 1 month subscribed time period and then study biology from the Kaplan book. Chads Biology section isn't bad but it doesn't cover nearly as much as the Kaplan book covers. Take the practice tests from Chads Videos as they are currenlty free and offer plenty of practice. Don't forget to use the Kaplan tests to simulate the actual test. You can know it all, but without practice for a test this large you will be stressed and pressed with the timing component and this can through you into a bad mental state when taking the test. Learning how to apply the information in a timed, confident way is just as important as knowing the information in the first place. I used these sources and got a 350aa/380ts. Be aware that the online practice kaplan tests are harder than the real one(I average a 330aa on all the tests I took).

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! I was a biology major in college and did somewhat well in all the classes! But most of them (other than bio) I hadn’t studied in 2-3 years so I basically had to reteach myself everything hahaha. In addition to coursesaver, I used the chads practice oat tests mostly! But I also had the big Kaplan oat book and did a few questions from those. I was pretty worried about physics, so in addition to coursesaver and chads physics test, I watched some of the organic chem tutor’s physics videos on YouTube. He has videos on literally every physics concept and has problems that he works through! I would watch the videos I was still confused on and do the problems he had on the videos. For practice exams I just took the two Kaplan exams that I got with the book. I would say watch and do problems, but also to make flashcards! Many of the problems are conceptual and memorization, so you have to be able to identify the topic being asked and then just regurgitate the answer.

Ahh omg amazing, thank you for all your help! I have the Kaplan OAT book, and the physics section is so much more intimidating than Chad's videos, so I got scared that maybe Chad's videos were missing something. Which subjects do you recommend flashcards for? Which subjects did you find that it was just memorization and regurgitation?

Course saver is incredible for teaching what you need to know for the test, especially for O-chem and Physics. I would try to shoot through all the subjects except Biology in a 1 month subscribed time period and then study biology from the Kaplan book. Chads Biology section isn't bad but it doesn't cover nearly as much as the Kaplan book covers. Take the practice tests from Chads Videos as they are currenlty free and offer plenty of practice. Don't forget to use the Kaplan tests to simulate the actual test. You can know it all, but without practice for a test this large you will be stressed and pressed with the timing component and this can through you into a bad mental state when taking the test. Learning how to apply the information in a timed, confident way is just as important as knowing the information in the first place. I used these sources and got a 350aa/380ts. Be aware that the online practice kaplan tests are harder than the real one(I average a 330aa on all the tests I took).

Thank you for your reply, you're completely right about using actual practice tests and simulating testing conditions. Otherwise, it gets really overwhelming! Do you know anything about the Feralis Bio notes? I see a lot of people on here talking about those.

Thank you for your reply, you're completely right about using actual practice tests and simulating testing conditions. Otherwise, it gets really overwhelming! Do you know anything about the Feralis Bio notes? I see a lot of people on here talking about those.
I'm not familiar with Feralis Bio nots but Kaplan makes note cards for each OAT section. They are great for reviewing the major subjects tested in each subject and they are also more practice.

I'm not familiar with Feralis Bio nots but Kaplan makes note cards for each OAT section. They are great for reviewing the major subjects tested in each subject and they are also more practice.

Great, thank you so much! I'll look into them!

Ahh omg amazing, thank you for all your help! I have the Kaplan OAT book, and the physics section is so much more intimidating than Chad's videos, so I got scared that maybe Chad's videos were missing something. Which subjects do you recommend flashcards for? Which subjects did you find that it was just memorization and regurgitation?
I would say make flashcards for bio on topics you seem like you keep forgetting (I looked over the DAT Bootcamp bio summary too and they have sets of flashcards you can go through which I used instead of making my own, I have also heard that the feralis bio notes are more in depth I just didn’t have time to look at these), make gen chem cards for bonding, acid/base stuff, entropy/enthalpy/Gibbs free energy, molecular/electron domain geometry, and other things you may be forgetting, make orgo reaction cards because reactions are big on this section, and make some for physics equations. Seems like a lot, but everyday when you’re watching chads videos make a few cards that go along with what you learned that day, and look them over when you can. This will make sure you don’t forget easy topics! I wouldn’t say one topic is all memorization, but you will see questions where you can use some things you memorized and apply them to the question. For example, there were a few questions in my physics section that asked about units. As long as you knew the units you could answer the question! These types of questions are easy points so it’s good to just memorize/identify what you can.

Thank you so much, you've been such a big help! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer :)