cGPA: 3.82 sGPA: 3.81 MCAT: 27S (PS:9, VR: 8, BS: 10)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erythropoietin2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm entering my senior year at Villanova University, and above are my undergrad grades and MCAT score. I took the MCAT on May 31, I realize they are low and I know I can do better, so I plan on taking the MCAT again. I am a History, Honors major with a minor in Philosophy, and my extracurricular activities and resume are very good (plenty of volunteer work, experience shadowing various doctors, president of my fraternity, president of other extracurricular groups, multiple honors societies, etc.). I am also a resident of NY state. As my grades stand right now, however, what are my chances of being accepted into medical schools? I applied to the following schools:

Albany Medical College
Boston University School of Medicine
Columbia University College of P & S
Emory University School of Medicine
Feisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Harvard Medical School
Jefferson Medical College
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
Stony Brook University School of Medicine
The University of Vermont College of Medicine
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
University of Maryland School of Medicine
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
University of Virginia School of Medicine
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

I realize the list is top-heavy because I was anticipating a much higher MCAT score. I appreciate any information you could provide me.

Members don't see this ad.

you are not looking to DO schools? Just wondering =p

I thought about it a little bit, but in the end I decided to only apply to allopathic schools. With my projected MCAT score going into the MCAT, I didn't have to worry about not getting in to my target schools ;P

Members don't see this ad :)
Anticipating a higher MCAT score doesn't mean you'll get a higher MCAT score. Update when the score is official.

I'm entering my senior year at Villanova University, and above are my undergrad grades and MCAT score. I took the MCAT on May 31, I realize they are low and I know I can do better, so I plan on taking the MCAT again. I am a History, Honors major with a minor in Philosophy, and my extracurricular activities and resume are very good (plenty of volunteer work, experience shadowing various doctors, president of my fraternity, president of other extracurricular groups, multiple honors societies, etc.). I am also a resident of NY state. As my grades stand right now, however, what are my chances of being accepted into medical schools? I applied to the following schools:

Albany Medical College
Boston University School of Medicine
Columbia University College of P & S
Emory University School of Medicine
Feisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Harvard Medical School
Jefferson Medical College
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
Stony Brook University School of Medicine
The University of Vermont College of Medicine
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
University of Maryland School of Medicine
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
University of Virginia School of Medicine
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

I realize the list is top-heavy because I was anticipating a much higher MCAT score. I appreciate any information you could provide me.
Wow...You have some top heavy schools in your list with a 27 MCAT....Getting into these schools is usually a crapshoot evn with a 35+ mcat. Retake the mcat and hope for the best.

I know anticipating a higher score doesn't mean anything, that's why I was asking how competitive an applicant I am as my MCAT stands at 27S.

you need to check out the msar