Cervical Cancer in a 28yo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KLPM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A 28yo female patient came into clinic. She was treated for cervical cancer years ago and now has recurrence. She came in because she started noticing blood in her urine so the cancer has now invaded the bladder.

Consultant said she needs a pelvic exenteration procedure. Just curious how often people have seen this. Common? Uncommon? I am only 3 weeks into O/G and the consultant told me it's essentially the biggest Gyn surgery there is.

Members don't see this ad.

A 28yo female patient came into clinic. She was treated for cervical cancer years ago and now has recurrence. She came in because she started noticing blood in her urine so the cancer has now invaded the bladder.

Consultant said she needs a pelvic exenteration procedure. Just curious how often people have seen this. Common? Uncommon? I am only 3 weeks into O/G and the consultant told me it's essentially the biggest Gyn surgery there is.

It's not too common but it is done in certain instances.

It's a pretty morbid surgery.
http://www.atlasofpelvicsurgery.com/10MalignantDisease/16AnteriorExenteration/cha10sec16.html

It's not very common at all. When I was on my Gyn Onc rotation, we had two extenteration procedures and that was quite unusual. It is pretty much the biggest gyn procedure there is.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not very common at all. When I was on my Gyn Onc rotation, we had two extenteration procedures and that was quite unusual. It is pretty much the biggest gyn procedure there is.

Out of curiosity. What is the success rate of the surgery in terms of curing the patient? It sounds brutal and I wouldn't go for it unless I had a really good chance of a cure.

Out of curiosity. What is the success rate of the surgery in terms of curing the patient? It sounds brutal and I wouldn't go for it unless I had a really good chance of a cure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22406639

Although if I had a whole region of my body removed I am not sure whether I had want to live that much longer. I mean considering quality of life and stuff ........

edit:

To me it sounds like you are out of balance with the geo-magentic field of the earth. I would try a change in diet and meditation.

This is gold. I can't believe I missed it.

Last edited: