Help me out! A case of endometrial cancer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hbchae

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's a quick question about my case.
I couldn't find reference about this anywhere.

The patient previously diagnosed as complex hyperplasia with atypia.
Hysterectomy was performed but not bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (BSO).
Also there's no cytology or lymph node exam.

After op. and discharge, the pathologic exam of the specimen revealed endometrioid adenocarcinoma, grade I.
There's no invasion of myometrium. So stage IA is presumed, but it's not sure because we didn't perform staging op.

My question is that... surgery(BSO) have to be performed again? We did op for EM hyperplasia but it revealed EM cancer.
TAH with BSO is definitely indicated for endometrial cancer, but this patient presented endometrioid type cancer of grade I and no myometrium invasion.
The patient's medical condition is good.
Ovaries can be there or not? What is recommended for further plan?

Thank you for any comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, it's a quick question about my case.
I couldn't find reference about this anywhere.

The patient previously diagnosed as complex hyperplasia with atypia.
Hysterectomy was performed but not bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (BSO).
Also there's no cytology or lymph node exam.

After op. and discharge, the pathologic exam of the specimen revealed endometrioid adenocarcinoma, grade I.
There's no invasion of myometrium. So stage IA is presumed, but it's not sure because we didn't perform staging op.

My question is that... surgery(BSO) have to be performed again? We did op for EM hyperplasia but it revealed EM cancer.
TAH with BSO is definitely indicated for endometrial cancer, but this patient presented endometrioid type cancer of grade I and no myometrium invasion.
The patient's medical condition is good.
Ovaries can be there or not? What is recommended for further plan?

Thank you for any comments.
Mgmt: Refer to Gyn-Onc. Stage IA would probably be fine with Hx alone. Ovaries are a subjective call, and depend on whether or not she's pro or post meno, and her family hx of cancer.