Certified application....can I still upload personal statements???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radiologygirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once my application is certified, can I still upload a new personal statement?

Or is it just the common application form that can no longer be edited and changed?

Members don't see this ad.

you can upload and assign multiple different PS, to tailor your app if you are applying to more than one specialty.

also importantly, ever after you certify and apply, if you discover a typo in your PS, you can upload an edited version and re-assign it to all the programs. the only catch is that programs may have already downloaded it, in which case you can't change that.

also importantly, ever after you certify and apply, if you discover a typo in your PS, you can upload an edited version and re-assign it to all the programs. the only catch is that programs may have already downloaded it, in which case you can't change that.

I tried to do this, but it looks like even after I de-assigned the first personal statement and re-assigned a new one, programs ended up downloading both! how is that possible? they had downloaded both several hours after I had de-assigned the first one, so it's not like they downloaded the first one before i got a chance to re-assign it. i thought that once you de-assign, programs won't even know that that assignment ever existed...