Army Cdw reimbursement time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adlogin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I submitted my first CDW with the Army for my dental kit. How long until I can expect to receive the reimbursement after the CDW is verified? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm Navy HPSP, and we received a notice not to submit reimbursement requests until after we had received our bonuses. For me that means that I won't be able to submit any requests until 1-OCT because we were also asked not to submit any requests during SEPT as they are wrapping up the fiscal year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once it has been verified and approved (2 to 3 days) then it'll be 7-10 days until it shows up in your account, but mine usually shows up earlier. I recommend waiting until after Oct 1 just in case something later comes up that you need to pay for, like scrubs or loupes. You can only file for things within the same fiscal year on the same reimbursement claim, so Oct 1 - Sept 30 (or everything you pay for before Oct 1 in your first year). They say not to file 2 claims within 3 months or so, but that's not really enforced. The big thing is you don't want to file more times than you have to cause it's kind of a pain to fill out the forms and get the signatures and scan the forms put them in an ordered word document and email them in and then cross your fingers everything is right cause if not you'll be repeating the whole process over again until it is. PM me if you have other questions I should be able to answer most of them.

Once it has been verified and approved (2 to 3 days) then it'll be 7-10 days until it shows up in your account, but mine usually shows up earlier. I recommend waiting until after Oct 1 just in case something later comes up that you need to pay for, like scrubs or loupes. You can only file for things within the same fiscal year on the same reimbursement claim, so Oct 1 - Sept 30 (or everything you pay for before Oct 1 in your first year). They say not to file 2 claims within 3 months or so, but that's not really enforced. The big thing is you don't want to file more times than you have to cause it's kind of a pain to fill out the forms and get the signatures and scan the forms put them in an ordered word document and email them in and then cross your fingers everything is right cause if not you'll be repeating the whole process over again until it is. PM me if you have other questions I should be able to answer most of them.

Adlogin: None of this applies to the Army's form of reimbursement.

Submit the CDW and your reciepts. They will be verified by the HPSP office who will forward the reimbursement to finance. Finance SHOULD reimburse you within 30-45 days upon receipt of verification from the HPSP office. If there is some sort of error, you will be notified and usually allowed to correct it. There are a lot of rules for reimbursement. The rules for submission of CDW are found in the Student Management Handbook, Chpater 7 on the MODS website under the General Info tab.

@USArmyHPSP Sorry I must have glanced over the Army part, the other person commenting was Navy so I just went on that.