CCOM or COMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys..
I just find out that I got accepted to the CCOM.
But, I previouly got the acceptances to the DMU and COMP.
I need little help on deciding which one to choose.
Since I am from LA I am little bit toward COMP.
However, on antherside I would love to explore the new world.

Is it true that almost all students from COMP end up in family practice? cause I am thinking about going into one of the specilties.

Please help..
I don't want to waste anymore on the deposite..!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptance to CCOM. I'm a MS-I there and I love it. If you want to go to an excellent school with great faculty and students, choose CCOM. Of course, the weather is pretty chilly in the winter, especially if you're from California. We have several students from California, and I think they're dealing with the cold just fine. The campus is beautiful, as I'm sure you noticed when you came for your interview. One of the benefits of being in the Chicago area for med school is that there are so many other med schools in the area. This gives us so many opportunities for rotations. Choosing where to go to med school is a huge decision that will affect the rest of your life...I would say go with the feeling that the school gave you while you were there. Good luck!

Thank you braids..
Yeah, actually, I loved the campus when I went there for the interview. I also heard that you can get good rotations in Chicago.
Your opinion was helpful..
Thank you again.. ^^

hey sarang!!!!

congrats!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

guess what?.......I just got into CCOM also! :D

i'm probably going to choose CCOM over COMP.
i wasn't terribly impressed with the clinicals there.
i also think that i'm leaning toward a specialty, and CCOM seems to be a much better place for that. plus i love the city of chicago.

call me later and we can talk more!