CCOM open or closed interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoosierDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there guys...well its finally interview time for me, and i have found conflicting info on interviews at ccom...are they open or closed files...just wanted to know if ill need to be prepared to talk about my pathetic MCAT score, and are they group or individual? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

hey, man congrats! It feels like a load is off of your shoulders now don't it? I felt the same way a few weeks ago when I got my first interview at PCOM.

I wouldn't worry about it being open or closed and trying to justify your mcat score.

Just be honest. I think this is the one question where I messed up in my PCOM interview. I wasn't really prepare for the question, about how I studied for the mcat, and immediatly I went into this defensive mode and probably did more harm than good :|

Dont fret about it. Just look at the interview feedback and concentrate on the kind of questions you'll expect and dont worry about trying to prove yourself. My mcat prep teacher put it this way. Regardless of your stats, it doesn't matter at this point. They saw past those things and liked what they saw. They just want to meet you to make up their mind. Its not very reassuring, but its something to keep in mind.

It's an open interview, but don't worry too much about it. They are really nice people, and they are not out to get you, I promise!

Good luck! :)

HoosierDO,
I could be wrong, but when I interviewed there in January, the only materials that the panel had was my personal statement that I wrote specifically for CCOM, and my CV that CCOM wanted us to provide them with. I don't think the interviewers have your MCAT scores, Grades etc. unless you listed them on your CV. I wouldn't worry too much about explaining a certain score, grade or class, I would however be ready for a host of ethical questions. I lucked out that I didn't get any, but 9 out of the 11 people who interviewed that day did. And some got quite a few. As NUgirl stated, they are really nice people so have fun with it.