CCOM Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above for INTERVIEW DATES ONLY!. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own. If you are looking for the general discussion thread, please check here to find the appropriate thread.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a DMU thread so I thought I'd start a CCOM thread for those that are interviewing there.

Kicked off CCOM's interview season with a bang! It was one of the most stress-free interviews ever! I felt pretty good leaving the university, but you never know, right?

They told us that we won't know the outcomes until the end of October. Agony!!!!!!! :eek:

Good Luck to you all! I was there and spoke with you all at the interview today. ( I was one of 4 first years). PM me if you need to ask questions. Also I am an ambassador, so you should have my email address. If you don't just let me know and I can give it to you.

Marcia

Members don't see this ad :)
I interview at CCOM on the 11th. I'm really looking forward to it! I'll be driving up from St. Louis, so if anyone lives off of 55 and needs a ride, send me a PM or something

Good Luck to you all! I was there and spoke with you all at the interview today. ( I was one of 4 first years). PM me if you need to ask questions. Also I am an ambassador, so you should have my email address. If you don't just let me know and I can give it to you.

Marcia

Oh, looks like you got in/chose CCOM. Good for you!

I interview on Tuesday! Anybody joining me?

let us know how it goes!

How'd you all find out about ur interview invites???or other decisions? were you invited for interviews via internet email? or mail? phone call? etc...thanks

I interview Oct. 8th, and i was notified via regular mail. hmm...i wonder if i'll find out at the end of october too or if i'll have to wait until late november?? ugh, i cant wait to find out from everywhere!!

I interview Oct. 8th, and i was notified via regular mail. hmm...i wonder if i'll find out at the end of october too or if i'll have to wait until late november?? ugh, i cant wait to find out from everywhere!!

Probably. They said the first adcom meeting was mid-Oct. and we'd find out in late Oct (I interviewed last Friday 9/21).

wow megboo...i have a feeling we have very high chances of going to the same school...haha. we're interviewing all the same places!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how many people usually interview on one day?

I'm interviewing there mid october...anybody else?

Also, question: do they have early significant clinical exposure...cuz they dont have a hospital right there...so will we have to go downtown Chicago if we want clinical exposure?

Also, approx. how much of the first year class commutes/lives on campus? I'm asking this to know about what the student community is like

These would be excellent questions to ask during your interview!

you are my hero. lol that totally flew past me...thanks :thumbup: now im gonna write those Q's down haha

These would be excellent questions to ask during your interview!

You know what sucks though? I went on an interview with question in mind like that. They answered every question, before I could ask, and then some in the Q&A session, during tours and even during the interviews. Then they stop and ask you do you have any questions. ARGGGH. We all know how important it is to have questions for your interviewer, but what if every conceivable question is answered? You can't ask them again, because then you look like an arse if they know this was explained before.:confused:

Tanner82- see you at CCOM on Wed :)

Hey you guys that are interviewing this week - can you find out when the adcom meets for the first time for decisions? I wasn't sure if they had a set date or not :)

I'm interviewing there mid october...anybody else?

Also, question: do they have early significant clinical exposure...cuz they dont have a hospital right there...so will we have to go downtown Chicago if we want clinical exposure?

Also, approx. how much of the first year class commutes/lives on campus? I'm asking this to know about what the student community is like

I have a friend over at CCOM and I also frequently see students in their rotations during my in and outs of most chicago hospitals(paramedic). I have seen them at UofI hospital, Stroger(cook county hospital), the VAs, St. bernards:)scared:), pretty much everywhere. I believe they have the opportunity to go pretty much anywhere, we have a crap load of them here.

I have a friend over at CCOM and I also frequently see students in their rotations during my in and outs of most chicago hospitals(paramedic). I have seen them at UofI hospital, Stroger(cook county hospital), the VAs, St. bernards:)scared:), pretty much everywhere. I believe they have the opportunity to go pretty much anywhere, we have a crap load of them here.

why do you have a scary face next to St. Bernards?

why do you have a scary face next to St. Bernards?

Was just joking. The hospital isn't that bad, it is just in a shady neighborhood. Other than that everyone is cool at the hospital. I think most of the docs in the ER are DO.

Was just joking. The hospital isn't that bad, it is just in a shady neighborhood. Other than that everyone is cool at the hospital. I think most of the docs in the ER are DO.

haha okay cool. i dont know anything about St. Bernard, so just asked.

Also with CCOM...i'll proally live at home for the first two years to save money (if i get in here)...but for the second two years, do people usually live downtown for rotations?..and is it usually necessary to come back to the actual CCOM campus for regular classes?

I just received the letter today for an interview invite. I scheduled on October 23. Anyone else?

is CCOM top choice for anyone?

for those of u that got an invite today, when were u guys complete at ccom???

misread the question.

United Airlines is really screwing me now... waited on the runway for 1/2 hour, they let us out to wait another hour... wtf don't know if I'll be able to get to chicago tonight :thumbdown:

im sorry thats ur situation...that really sucks. you should call the school and find out what options there are

doubt anyones there now... im optomistic I'll get there by 9 or 10

I just interviewed today! I was really impressed with the school.

The interviewers have access to your secondary application materials (statement and cv), and your aacomas essay. They do not have access to your LORs, grades, and gpa!

I hope this helps people.

I used to live from CCOM across the street literally. I used to pass the university twice everyday going to and from my undergraduate university. The school is in a very beautiful suburb and there is a hospital like 5 minutes away. Its called Good Samaritan Hospital. However, I don't think it is one of those teaching hospitals because when I used to volunteer there, I never even once saw a medical student or a resident. But I know for sure that you get to do residences in the Chicago area hospitals. If you have any specific questions about the school, let me know. I am interviewing there on Oct. 9th and it is my first choice. Good luck to everyone.

finally got here :laugh:

good! at least ull be able to make your interview in the morning...post here and let me know how it goes, including juicy details! :banana:

good! at least ull be able to make your interview in the morning...post here and let me know how it goes, including juicy details! :banana:

went really well... Very very very friendly and laid back. Looks like a great school, and they have great rotations at great chicago area hospitals. Beautiful campus, I was definitly impressed. :thumbup: Should hear back mid to late october. :luck:

went really well... Very very very friendly and laid back. Looks like a great school, and they have great rotations at great chicago area hospitals. Beautiful campus, I was definitly impressed. :thumbup: Should hear back mid to late october. :luck:

Did they tell you when the adcom was meeting?

Around the end of July/beginning of august for me.

thanks for the reply, appreciate it....so i guess i have a long time to wait seeing that i just got complete in the past week

thanks for the update, tanner. looks like the trip hassles paid off :thumbup: