CCOM DO/PhD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HamOnWholeWheat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knows anything about the DO/PhD program at CCOM. I asked my interviewers about it while I was there, but I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who's done it? Anyone know if its doable? Thanks!

HamOn

Members don't see this ad.

Are you referring to the PsyD program? This program offers a Doctor of Psychology or Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology. It was just approved, so no one has been through the program yet. You can get more information at http://www.midwestern.edu/il-psych/

Thanks for the reply Dagny, but nah I was referring to the DO/PhD program they offer. All I know is that it can be completed at any of the universities in which CCOM has affiliated staff. For example, the head of the Biochem department at CCOM is a Northwestern alum, so he has sent students there to complete their PhD before. The same goes for UIUC, it just depends on the subject being researched vs. Professor affiliation in that subject. That was just what the Biochem Professor and Associate Dean told me in the interview. I was just hoping that someone out there might have gone through this program and could shed a little more light on it for me.

Thanks for the reply though! :)

HamOn

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm.....when I interviewed there....someone asked about the DO/PhD program, and they said there was no such program there.

Ya.....that was the question.....someone said it's on the website, and they said...."oh...it shouldn't be there".

But........what you are saying about going over to Northwestern my be the case. That sounds like it makes sense.