CBSE vs UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted913442

Hey everyone!

So were about 3 months out from the CBSE, and I just had a few questions with regards to UWorld vs CBSE.

Just curious, but for those that broke 70 on CBSE, what percentages were you getting on random UWorld blocks? I'm just curious if those correlate at all as a way to judge how ready you are.

Also, my friends and I have been curious, but what percent of questions do you think you need to get right on the CBSE to break 70? Are we talking like an 80% ≈ 70CBSE?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Although I'm ~4years removed from UW for Step 1 and taking the CBSE, I felt that people were all over the map on this.

For instance, if you get 30% correct but spend enough time understanding why the right questions are right and the wrong ones are wrong, you've done your part. That's in comparison to someone who goes through UW a second pass and is scoring 80% b/c they memorized questions; no utility in that.

I know people that were scoring in the 40s in UW and scored 75+ on the CBSE. Personally, I vaguely remember scoring in the mid-60s in UW and scored a mid-80 on the CBSE. It's all over the place.

Educational Objective: I'd recommend you don't get caught up in the UW percentages. But I know that's hard to do.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was consistently getting in the 60s but still got 50s and 55s pretty frequently right up until taking it. I only broke 70% on a UWorld block 2 times in 5 months of studying, both towards the very end. Broke 80 on the real deal. What's most important is reading every single explanation of every single question, even when you start doing questions you've already seen.

Reactions: 1 users
What's most important is reading every single explanation of every single question, even when you start doing questions you've already seen.

Including reading why each answer choice is wrong?

I was consistently getting in the 60s but still got 50s and 55s pretty frequently right up until taking it. I only broke 70% on a UWorld block 2 times in 5 months of studying, both towards the very end. Broke 80 on the real deal. What's most important is reading every single explanation of every single question, even when you start doing questions you've already seen.
Broke 80 in august after D1? how long were you prepping for?

I started here and there in February but did very little UWorld or anything in April and May leading up to finals. After that I studied for our lone pathology course through May and June, following along with pathoma, while also doing as much UWorld as possible as long as I was on top of course material. When path ended the last week of June, it was CBSE all day every day until the test. I don’t know if there was a single day that whole time that I didn’t get through at least one full block, reading every single explanation every time like I said before. There was also a ton of Sketchy micro mixed in there, and google/Wikipedia. Very little FA, towards the end I would look things up in the index but I never read FA like a book, just a reference. Most days I did 2 full blocks. Here and there I broke 100 questions+explanations in a day but staying focused enough to do that is really hard. I did everything untimed tutor mode with random questions the whole time. I finished UWorld once and then got through about 2/3s of my incorrects.

I’d consider the time in pathology “dedicated” still since it was directly applicable to the CBSE and I was doing a good amount of UWorld the whole time, so I’d say dedicated was right around 3 months.

Hi, I'm talking CBSE in February, this is my first time. I started Uworld. But it's so overwhelming. Managing time with school and exams is tough. Questions in CBSE are similar to USMLE level or easier?
I would really appreciate, anyone who gone through the process please advise. Thanks.

Hi, I'm talking CBSE in February, this is my first time. I started Uworld. But it's so overwhelming. Managing time with school and exams is tough. Questions in CBSE are similar to USMLE level or easier?
I would really appreciate, anyone who gone through the process please advise. Thanks.

Uworld is harder but CBSE is by no means easy. I would try to use Bros deck for anki along with uworld at least. If you’re a D2, id do first aid and pathoma as well along with your classes

Uworld is harder but CBSE is by no means easy. I would try to use Bros deck for anki along with uworld at least. If you’re a D2, id do first aid and pathoma as well along with your classes
Thank you, I am D3. trying to put as much time as possible for uworld.

Thank you, I am D3. trying to put as much time as possible for uworld.
just gotta hit the books hard. I highly recommend doing bros deck. wht I do is do uworld questions and then move the notecards from bros deck into a master deck, so when I go through them, its like reviewing the uworld questions ive done but in a different format

Reactions: 1 user