CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dogtreats

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying for the CBSE and I will be taking it for the first time in February. I'm not sure I'm fully utilizing my time wisely and I'm hoping to get some input. I'm currently in a residency program.

Right now, I'm trying to get through Boards and Beyond to learn some of the "basics". After I finish a section of B&B, I find the corresponding Pathoma chapter and videos and do that. I'm using Sketchy when I feel like I need a little more help with a topic. I've also been hitting some of the study decks on Anki, but just the topics I've already reviewed.

I know it's best to do questions but I also feel like when I do questions and I don't know the material, I'm obviously going to get things wrong and I get discouraged. Any tips or just keep trying to learn the basics and then focus on questions in January?

Members don't see this ad.

You are using way too many resources. If you’re trying to take the exam in February, you should be doing 100% you world right now.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm studying for the CBSE and I will be taking it for the first time in February. I'm not sure I'm fully utilizing my time wisely and I'm hoping to get some input. I'm currently in a residency program.

Right now, I'm trying to get through Boards and Beyond to learn some of the "basics". After I finish a section of B&B, I find the corresponding Pathoma chapter and videos and do that. I'm using Sketchy when I feel like I need a little more help with a topic. I've also been hitting some of the study decks on Anki, but just the topics I've already reviewed.

I know it's best to do questions but I also feel like when I do questions and I don't know the material, I'm obviously going to get things wrong and I get discouraged. Any tips or just keep trying to learn the basics and then focus on questions in January?
You should start questions now and learn/review topics as you get them wrong. Do the UWORLD blocks in tutored mode and don't get discouraged at the score. Even do it open book if you want as long as you are learning the topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys have any practice CBSE exams? thank you

do you guys have any practice CBSE exams? thank you
My guy, the CBSE is the same material as step 1, tens of thousands of med students take it yearly, google has unlimited resources for you

NBMEs 20-31 are your best resource for CBSE question/practice studying.

I tried attach file, its too large, feel free to contact me and I will share no problem

I’m taking it in Feb too. Would be happy to connect. It can definitely be overwhelming with the volume of content. I’m just trying to get through all the topics in time for the exam 😅.