Cat ate aluminum foil - help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwax

Just a minor variation
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cooked tilipia for dinner last night, and had placed the fish on a sheet of aluminum foil to bake. I went out for the evening before picking up the kitchen and apparently my cat ate the entire sheet of foil (~8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet). She has been throwing up all morning. I'm a broke medical student, who's fiance just had to go to the hospital last night so we're going to have to pay those expensive bills... so I was hoping someone here could give me advice. Do I need to take her in? She tried to drink water about 2 hours ago and threw it back up an hour later. She's currently just laying in the corner of the room (very lethargic). I tried to find information about what would happen to a cat eating aluminum foil, and I didn't really find anything useful. Please PM or post on here if you have any advice for me. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, due to the SDN terms and conditions we are not allowed to give advice on this forum. Your cat really needs to get to a veterinarian.

Take her to the vet urgently, an otherwise healthy cat lying around lethargically is not a good sign...

Members don't see this ad :)
I cooked tilipia for dinner last night, and had placed the fish on a sheet of aluminum foil to bake. I went out for the evening before picking up the kitchen and apparently my cat ate the entire sheet of foil (~8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet). She has been throwing up all morning. I'm a broke medical student, who's fiance just had to go to the hospital last night so we're going to have to pay those expensive bills... so I was hoping someone here could give me advice. Do I need to take her in? She tried to drink water about 2 hours ago and threw it back up an hour later. She's currently just laying in the corner of the room (very lethargic). I tried to find information about what would happen to a cat eating aluminum foil, and I didn't really find anything useful. Please PM or post on here if you have any advice for me. Thank you!

Because of the policies of SDN I cannot give you medical advise. But use your knowledge as a medical student: if you cat was a child who ate a bunch of foil, then was vomiting all day and couldn't hold down water:scared: What could that mean?

Get you kitty to a vet

come on you're a med student, how do you not know that your cat needs a vet urgently??

Status
Not open for further replies.