Case Western SOM Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
toolstar - I'd stick with your laptop for now...I mean, no one can predict the future. Your comp could crash next month or in three years (and that's true for the newest dells as it is for your 1 year old comp). I'd take the possibility of having to buy a new laptop in the future over definitely putting the money down now. And make regular backups, which everyone should do =)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I jsut got in at the waitlist, and am planning on attending Case. Do you guys know if most people drive or walk to class? Also, is there anything that we need to do, like reserve a parking spot or something. There is something about this on their website, but you need an ID number to enter the system. Any info would be really helpful!

pnasty said:
Hey guys! I jsut got in at the waitlist, and am planning on attending Case. Do you guys know if most people drive or walk to class? Also, is there anything that we need to do, like reserve a parking spot or something. There is something about this on their website, but you need an ID number to enter the system. Any info would be really helpful!

Congrats! My impression is that most people walk to class. If you're planning on driving, they told us to call the admissions office to get on the waiting list for a good parking spot asap. You might want to ask current students about how parking works on the case message board they set up (http://casemed.proboards102.com/). Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
this thread is too quiet. when do people plan on moving to cleveland?

toolstarjm said:
this thread is too quiet. when do people plan on moving to cleveland?

I was thinking 1-3 July. I have zero furniture so I'll need a couple of days to stock my apartment.

Why the hell does case start so early? Im about to go postal....

pnasty said:
Why the hell does case start so early? Im about to go postal....
When you're chillaxin your 4th year at case with a lot of flex and free time, you'll think back to the month you gave up and feel like it was the best investment you ever made.

exmike said:
When you're chillaxin your 4th year at case with a lot of flex and free time, you'll think back to the month you gave up and feel like it was the best investment you ever made.

Free time huh? Hmmm sounds good to me!

I read somewhere that the Case undergrad tuition includes unlimited use of the RTA system for the year -- does anyone know if this also applies to med students, or if we have to purchase a pass ourselves? I am thinking about driving to school if I have to pay the $55/month fee, but if it is already paid for then I will be looking for an apt closer to the RTA stops.

Choolie said:
I read somewhere that the Case undergrad tuition includes unlimited use of the RTA system for the year -- does anyone know if this also applies to med students, or if we have to purchase a pass ourselves? I am thinking about driving to school if I have to pay the $55/month fee, but if it is already paid for then I will be looking for an apt closer to the RTA stops.
you'd be shifting your $55/month to paying for parking, of course.

not sure about the answer to your question. try the proboard link above; some current students are posting on there (though I hope it heats up--not enough info yet).

I'm moving in about a week...I hope we can do dinner or something for those of us in cleveland in june or early july (since some of us will be there already and it seems like a lot of folks are coming in and out to find housing).

i'll be there june 6th and 7th to find a place to live. for those who have a place already, where are you guys living?

Does anyone know where we can park for cheap downtown. Huron Rd/ Prospect/Tower City/ Public Square area. I found a beautiful one-bedroom apt for cheap. Only problem is the parking adds about $115 a month. If you guys know any cheap parking lots please let me know. If not ...

Then for all you guys looking to live downtown. Huron Road Apartments offers a real nice deal one bedroom suite $550. Next to RTA and a Bus straight up Euclid. Its definitely worth checking it if you are

1. looking to stay downtown
2. don't have car, you can avoid those crazy parking lot charges.

gregrennt said:
you'd be shifting your $55/month to paying for parking, of course.

not sure about the answer to your question. try the proboard link above; some current students are posting on there (though I hope it heats up--not enough info yet).

It doesn't apply to med students.

Choolie said:
we dont pay for the RTA pass, nor do we get them (nor do i know anyone that really uses it)

Hey there -- I am going to be a second year and may need a roommate to share a huge, beautiful 2 bedroom apartment that is a 12 minute walk from school. I'm looking for a female - email me at [email protected] if interested.

Anyone still looking for a roommate and want to split a two-bedroom/two-bath? I was interested in living in the Waldorf Apartments (around $1100 including utilities) or somewhere near the Coventry area.

FreshPrince112 said:
Anyone still looking for a roommate and want to split a two-bedroom/two-bath? I was interested in living in the Waldorf Apartments (around $1100 including utilities) or somewhere near the Coventry area.
I think everone has gone to this forum for case student. try here for more luck

http://casemed.proboards102.com/