Case #21 - Dorsal Midbrain Syndrome Presented by Rahul Bhola, MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Andrew_Doan said:

The section that outlined treatment only mentioned treating the cause of the dorsal midbrain syndrome. (which is obviously important)

I have done a lot of vision therapy with patients who have sufferend head traumas/strokes and have had the privelege of working with a lot of INOs, BINOs, WEBINOs, and dorsal midbrain patients. If the deviations are less than 15 prism diopters, vision therapy can be a very effective method of helping them overcome this.

Jenny

JennyW said:
The section that outlined treatment only mentioned treating the cause of the dorsal midbrain syndrome. (which is obviously important)

I have done a lot of vision therapy with patients who have sufferend head traumas/strokes and have had the privelege of working with a lot of INOs, BINOs, WEBINOs, and dorsal midbrain patients. If the deviations are less than 15 prism diopters, vision therapy can be a very effective method of helping them overcome this.

Jenny

I too have dealt with post trauma/cva etc. I will often attempt remediation with optical aids and/or VT tx's. I however don't have 100% faith in the use of VT tx's, mainly because I cannot distinguish between gradual spontaneous recovery and the effects of VT tx's. My question is how do you differentiate the two, or do you bother to try?