Saturday, September 21, 2019: Oral boards - hotel cooperation that will help yourself

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twoeyes2020

Reaction score
Anyone taking the oral boards in Chicago on Saturday, September 21, 2019? Cooperate with me regarding a hotel and help yourself in the process.

The Westin O'Hare has a check in time of 3 pm and check out of 12 noon. Because so many people will be taking the exam, likely they will not have rooms available at 3 pm but will make you wait.

If we cooperate, we will both be helped. Here's how. I stay in the room on Thursday night. Check out time is 12 noon. Let me stay in the room 35-40 minutes longer and then leave my luggage in the closet until 4 pm. You can come anytime that morning and stay by yourself Friday night. We'll work it out with the front desk that you will be staying in the room that I'm exiting.

If we don't cooperate, I will have to check out before noon, wait in line, wait in another line to have my baggage stored. You will have to wait in the lobby because your room won't be ready.

Interested?

Members don't see this ad.

In retrospect, the above post may seem a bit unusual so maybe ignore it. A possibility is that I just won't check out but leave the room at noon. The maid will eventually come in and tell the front desk that the occupant has left. Eventually, the room will be cleaned out for the next examinee/guest. If I rent a car, luggage can be stored in there.