CaRMS 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPR22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone on this forum going through CaRMS this year? Any idea when interview invites occur?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone on this forum going through CaRMS this year? Any idea when interview invites occur?

Hey I'm going through CaRMS this year and I think invites are being sent out in the next few weeks, I think last year many were sent out in early january so no worries yet! one of my friends got an interview invite today from HIS medical school, but they arrange a special date for interviews for their own students and therefore he got an early invite and an interview date early (outiside the national interview period). I applied for IM in four places in Ontario and havn't heard anything yet, I'll keep you updated!!

Goodluck
ocean11

Its good to see someone actually reply to my thread. I actually got 2 interviews within an hour yesterday:D. Ive been told that most of the invites should be out before christmas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its good to see someone actually reply to my thread. I actually got 2 interviews within an hour yesterday:D. Ive been told that most of the invites should be out before christmas.

congrats!! what did u go for? I went for IM.... you got it via e-mail I assume right?

Ocean11

Ive applied to a bunch of stuff in Ontario. So far all invites have been email. The interview period is very condensed compared to the US. I guess its better to just get them all over with in 2 weeks.

Ive applied to a bunch of stuff in Ontario. So far all invites have been email. The interview period is very condensed compared to the US. I guess its better to just get them all over with in 2 weeks.

IM?FM? Neurology? I only applied to IM x 4 places in Ontario + 1 FM in Toronto ontario (rural and regular)

Ive applied to a few different specialties, not entirely sure whats going to happen yet, as far as where Ill end up, so far Ive only got interviews from 3 of the 10..

Can you participate in both Carms and the US match at the same time?

Yes, I did. It just depends on which concludes first and if you match in that system, then you'll be automatically withdrawn from the other. It varies and is not fixed year to year.

Yes, I did. It just depends on which concludes first and if you match in that system, then you'll be automatically withdrawn from the other. It varies and is not fixed year to year.

Could you sit for all qualifying examinations in one year, or did you end up losing one?

has anyone heard anything from Mac, Toronto or Ottawa? I kinda had the impression that most of the invites would be in by christmas.

looks like most of the family med interview invites have been sent out :D in ontario at least

Hey guys,

I have so far only heard from U of T IM saying that they will 'review all applications after Jan 7th' so still got a while to wait, I applied to IM in Ontario, havn't heard anything so far. I also applied late to FM in Toronto 2 days ago, havn't heard anything from them.

Have you guys heard from FM in TO?!?

nothing from TO yet, pretty sure they dont send out invites till Jan

I wrote the Fall part I exam, and there's been a delay in getting results to the FM programs in Ontario. I was told by the MCC they were going to send it to the residency directors late Friday. I received an email from the programs asking for the submission before a decision can be rendered. So there is going to be some delays, but hopefully we get a statement like that from the U of T IM program. later

I just got some invites for Ontario FM programs. Hope Santa brings a belated present on January 7th, 2007 for IM. Thanks for the info and insight. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Take care.

Has anyone here seen any Canadian IMGs in the interviews? I hear it's getting next to impossible for them to even get an interview, let alone match.

Just gotten FM from U of T YEY! I applied for Rural and FM in TO only and the rest Internal Medicine in Ontario (IM x4)

Good Luck all....

BTW: US grad here

I kinda feel bad for the person sending uofTs FM interviews, cause they were sent 6:30pm on christmas eve
us grad too

Hi I want to apply for 2nd it. I'm an IMG and this is my third try for CaRMS . I'm really depressed and need som help for my PLs and CV.
Could you please help me?

Hey I'll read over your Personal letter no problem... just PM when you're done!!!

good luck

BTW: have u thought of applying to ERAS? to US programs? there are more down south!