CARIBBEAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY - CURACAO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AS1110

Reaction score
Hey,

I am planning to join CMU next year for the M.D. program.
I was looking through sdn to see if there were any posts about CMU but was unable to find any.

I would like to know the pros and cons of CMU - the school, place, curriculum, environment, faculty, peers, etc.

Any advice, suggestions or links would be highly appreciated.
Thank you and have a nice day :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just don’t. If you are American apply DO. If you are Canadian then go to the big 4

Reactions: 1 users
Pros: you will be in medical school

Cons: you probably won’t graduate medical school

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OPs history suggests they are a Non-US IMG, failed out of SGU and got admitted to another unknown Caribbean school. OP, I don’t know what your goals are but at this point it’s almost impossible to match back in the US.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
OPs history suggests they are a Non-US IMG, failed out of SGU and got admitted to another unknown Caribbean school. OP, I don’t know what your goals are but at this point it’s almost impossible to match back in the US.

At that point cut your losses

Reactions: 3 users
so I'm a Caribbean medical student, will graduate very soon. I'm talking out of experience.
CMU has their accreditation denied in July 2018 by caam hp. Starting 2023, ECFMG won't be allowing students coming from non accredited schools take step 1 , step 2. So there is no way to be take the boards, nevertheless, matching into residency.
If you are determined to go to Caribbean medical school, go to accredited one, accredited by Caam hp.

Man, reading this alone makes me feel depressed. I need to get some fresh air.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Do not go to CMU. Research the owner - he's a scam artist/criminal. They don't update their residency match list on their website, it is short, its been the same for years and 90% of those students are transfers from other programs - not CMU students from the beginning. They are not accredited and were rejected by CAAM-HP - you have to be really, truly awful to not get CAAM-HP accreditation. Their website's accreditation page has tons of "listings" and "recognitions" - these are literally just lists that you automatically join if you open a medical school.

Also if the owner of CMU sees this post he will create dummy accounts and start posting here. He was banned from ValueMD for doing the same.

Hey,

I am planning to join CMU next year for the M.D. program.
I was looking through sdn to see if there were any posts about CMU but was unable to find any.

I would like to know the pros and cons of CMU - the school, place, curriculum, environment, faculty, peers, etc.

Any advice, suggestions or links would be highly appreciated.
Thank you and have a nice day :)

PROS - none at all

CONS - not enough room on the internet to list them all. i will give you a few to begin with. everyone i knew that went there (all transferred out or quit) was completely miserable and held hostage emotionally and financially by the weird dean. he straight out harasses students and threaten to kick students out of school for breakin rules he randomly makes up on the spot. i have never heard one good thing about him. sounds like a real mess over there. they actually thought they had a chance to get accreditation.....lol. well that didn't happen. not surprised they are a mess. this school is a waste of money and a waste of time. they have bad reviews everywhere. In the end the choice is still yours.

Last edited: