Career oppurtunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hettis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am an International dentist. That means, my licence is not valid in US, but my education is. Quite confusing!!! I have decided to start my career in Public health here. I am an Mph student in IL. Can anyone let me know what are the career options here in US in this field? Iam residing in Chicago suburbs. So far I am not so impressed with the job oppurtunities and even if they have, the salary is totally very low. Please le tme know where to look for the right jobs. And what type of Internship I should be doing?

Thanks
Hetna

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I think in the beginning, it's difficult to get a job as an MPH just because of the lack of or very few experience in the public health field. I have been looking at jobs in Chicago and honestly, i am finding it quite difficult as well. I see more opportunities in the East Coast, Florida, California, etc.

I think being a dentist should only help you get better jobs. Keep looking at the publichealthjobs.net, asph.org, usajobs.gov, etc.

I am not sure what track you are doing for your MPH because i can help answer the question better if I knew what track you are in.

hettis said:
Hi,

I am an International dentist. That means, my licence is not valid in US, but my education is. Quite confusing!!! I have decided to start my career in Public health here. I am an Mph student in IL. Can anyone let me know what are the career options here in US in this field? Iam residing in Chicago suburbs. So far I am not so impressed with the job oppurtunities and even if they have, the salary is totally very low. Please le tme know where to look for the right jobs. And what type of Internship I should be doing?

Thanks
Hetna

hettis said:
Hi,

Thanks
Hetna

Hi,
I am a international dentist too. -from India.I am doing my MPH in NOva south univ. FLorida. I have just started my program. I thought i will keep in touch wiith u sonce we both have similar background.

Thanks
hutchinson