Can't find a science letter of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmoh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying for optometry school this summer. However, I am having a lot of trouble finding a letter of rec from a science professor. I go to a really big school and most of my science classes are big lecture halls. Most of these professors also have certain requirements you have to fulfill such as being the top 10% of the class. I asked about four professors already with no luck. Any advice? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I went to a big school too with the same problem. I ended up asking a professor of a science elective class (Medical Terminology) which was much smaller than the required science classes like General Biology and talked with her about my passion for optometry so she could use that when writing the letter. It worked out for me so try that if possible. Good luck!

I went to a big school as well and ended up asking my Anatomy/Evolutionary Medicine professor. I went to 2 of his office hours only but he still wrote me one. His requirements were he needed you to send him your transcript, a picture of you, what classes you took with him and what grade you got, a personal statement, and OAT score.