Cannot Choose between 2 Programs

cyron1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
slfkslkfjdsfsdf

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do what you think you'll be happy doing, that is the BEST piece of advice anyone can give you. And I can't believe your parents are telling you that you can't do something, if you had mostly A's your GPA should be at least 3.5 probably, and I don't see how that's bad at all. If you want to do something badly enough, and you're willing to put the work in, you can do whatever you want. You just might need to find another support structure if your parents are going to be putting you down like that.

I would also highly suggest actually going and touring the schools, because if you haven't gotten a feel for both schools it will be very hard to make a decision that you know you'll be happy with. Also, start doing some shadowing to see what health profession you'd prefer - who knows, you might want to go dental, and both of those schools also have dental schools!

Good luck, and keep on keeping on, and you'll do just fine.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

I come from a similar background. Unfortunately, I got into a 7 PharmD program at a big public university, but I was rejected from MD school.

Anyway, I do not know why you are worry about your years at college. Look at how you envision yourself in the profession. Unfortunately, I do not see myself as a retail or clinical pharmacy. I can see myself practicing medicine or in industry pharmacy.

Do you see yourself as a pharmacist or as a doctor? That is the real question, not where you will be studying for 3 to 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you see yourself as a pharmacist or as a doctor? That is the real question, not where you will be studying for 3 to 4 years.

I think this is the bigger question you need to answer. If you really have the goal of becoming a physician then why even do the TAP program.... if you like USC that much then just go there and major in something that interests you and then apply to med school.

You're not even in college yet so to make plans based on a path you haven't even started yet is a little premature. Go into it know what your goal is and knowing that you will have to put in the hard work from the beginning and you'll get to where you want to be.

I'm not going to get into MD vs DO stuff, but just revisit that choice in a few years when it comes time to apply. You say you've already done some research but hopefully it wasn't from the premed forums here. :cool:

dfsdfsf

Last edited:
Wow, I must admit man, you are accomplished, and I'm sure you'll succeed in whichever profession you find you enjoy best. *Cough* Go Dental *Cough*

Take the time and consider each very carefully, you've in a very good position in life. Each of the three health professions that you're thinking about has their own pros and cons, and the important thing is you enjoy what you do. I know I used to be pre-med, but after looking into it, I found that it really wasn't for me, and after working as a dental assistant I fell in love with dentistry, and I know I'll enjoy my career. I'd say if you can't decide, go to USC and do a 4 year degree, it'll let you really enjoy college, and give you plenty of time to figure out exactly what you really want to do and what will fit best for you.

Good luck!

These combined programs don't really screen us well :D

You got into dentistry but don't want to do dentistry. I got into pharmacy but don't want to do pharmacy ROFL :cool:

Anyway congrats! Now that hard part is to choose. Remember undergraduate studies are temporary. Pick a profession! It lasts for life!

By the way, do you mind sharing your stats. I want to see if I had a chance at Pitzer, and my sister is interested as well.

Last edited:
So should I go to the school I want to go to, hopefully be happy, and take the chance of applying to MD schools, which I can dedicate myself to doing, with a guaranteed pharmacy backup
or
Go to a school I do not want to go to, be stuck in it for 7 years, but in the end know I will be some sort of physician, even though it won't be a M.D like I have always wished of.

Especially because it lets you change your mind. From USC you can go onto DO, MD, PharmD, dental or something completely unrelated, depending on what you want to do and your grades. Don't limit yourself now, especially at someplace where you apparently do not want to go.