Cancer during PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJPT4040

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I am in my second year of my DPT program and was just diagnosed with a stage 3 cancer and need to begin chemotherapy. Has anyone else experienced a circumstance like this? If so how did you manage without getting off track? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Currently I am in my second year of my DPT program and was just diagnosed with a stage 3 cancer and need to begin chemotherapy. Has anyone else experienced a circumstance like this? If so how did you manage without getting off track? Thanks
Wow. I am so sorry to hear this.

I have not. One of my professors once told me she sustained a severe head injury while she was in DPT school. She had incredible difficulty focusing and told me she would study for 10-15 minutes, go lay down for however long, and continue to study in 10-15 minute bouts, and managed to get through that way.

If you haven't already, I would speak to your director and/or advisor. Just so they are aware, can direct you to possible resources within the school, and so on.

Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: 1 users