Can my school find out when I've scheduled my step 1 date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigboss22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am not someone who posts often so I am not sure about the etiquette/how to tag posts, so please forgive me.

The question is in the title. Our school is super pushy about being "in the know" of our step studying, which isn't a bad thing, per se, but they way they go about it is really not...how should I put it, my favorite? In any case, can our school know when/if we've scheduled our exam? Like as a third party, is our test date something they have access to?

Members don't see this ad.

edit;; side note idk why its says I'm a pre-med student, probably since I haven't logged on since then but I'm am M2 lol

edit;; side note idk why its says I'm a pre-med student, probably since I haven't logged on since then but I'm am M2 lol
Just curious: why does it matter if they know when or not? Don't be too paranoid lol...your school will get the result even before you do anyway...this should be your least worry right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious: why does it matter if they know when or not? Don't be too paranoid lol...your school will get the result even before you do anyway...this should be your least worry right now.

These types of answers always annoy me. If you don't know, you aren't adding anything valuable to the thread by questioning why OP cares. I'm sure they have reasons that are valid in their own mind.

And to OP, I don't know the answer to your question. And yes I do realize the irony of my post lol.

• Okay...
Reactions: 8 users
I don’t think your school will know when you schedule your exam, since my med school requires us to notify them of the date.

Click on your User Name. Go to Account Details. Click on Status. Pick Medical Student.

These types of answers always annoy me. If you don't know, you aren't adding anything valuable to the thread by questioning why OP cares. I'm sure they have reasons that are valid in their own mind.

And to OP, I don't know the answer to your question. And yes I do realize the irony of my post lol.
No worries:)
My school is really up our business.

Hi guys,

I am not someone who posts often so I am not sure about the etiquette/how to tag posts, so please forgive me.

The question is in the title. Our school is super pushy about being "in the know" of our step studying, which isn't a bad thing, per se, but they way they go about it is really not...how should I put it, my favorite? In any case, can our school know when/if we've scheduled our exam? Like as a third party, is our test date something they have access to?
Yup.

Whoever certified you to take USMLE can see when your test date is scheduled. It's the same portal that is used to see the results.

Reactions: 2 users
Yup.

Whoever certified you to take USMLE can see when your test date is scheduled. It's the same portal that is used to see the results.
Thank you so much for letting me know!