Can I submit an application while still waiting for a transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CareerSwitcheroo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up a prereq course this week and once I know my grade I'd very much like to apply to my #1 choice DPT program shortly after. I'd rather not delay submission to optimize my chances (the program starts in January and it's rolling admissions). The school where I'm taking the course says the transcript will probably be ready at the start of August, which seems too long to wait for one grade. Does anyone know if PTCAS will allow me to submit my application and send in the transcript when I get it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should be able to, but I would email the school and see if they want you to have the classes listed as plan and you update the grade when transcripts are ready or if you can input the unofficial grade and send transcripts later. They deal with this all the time so they will have the answer.

If your PT school allows 1 pending grade, then it should not be a problem. If the school wants all the grades, you have to wait for the grade or they may not even look at your application since it will be "incomplete" = missing all the grades.