Calling any and all ANU applicants for 2003

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jade Tigress

Something something
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I didn't want to make another thread for this, but I recieved a notice from ANU on Oct 14th, informing me of an interview somwhere in Late oct-early nov. I waited and waited, no contact.

Finally, I got worried and emailed the person who wrote that email. She's away from her office until Nov 19th. But she did leave a stand-in contact person, which I emailed with my inquiry.

She informed me all ANU med School interview was all done in LATE SEPT! but I recieved a notification on OCTOBER 14th!!!

Anyone with any information, please PLEASE advise.

Thanks so much.

Laters!

Members don't see this ad.

There was obviously a communications problem within their dept. Call them on it. In other words, don't be rude or aggressive, but explain to them that you are holding an interview invite sent (postmarked) on date such and such, w/ a tentative interview date AFTER September, and ask them to please look into it and get back to you as soon as possible. Call them back if you don't hear in another couple days.

From a policy standpoint, they'd have to either give you the interview -or- *try* to evade the issue (i.e., not answer your particular questions about your situation, until you go away). Thus, emphasize your particular situation, and don't go away.

Given that you're screwed if you do nothing, it cannot hurt to be persistent here.

Good luck.

-pitman

Here's a different perspective (it's me again..not Ugbe, pitman ;)):

If they end up giving you the runaround, you should decide now whether you really want to go to such a school and at what point to become so resigned. Many students don't think or care about such things, but some do.

-pitman

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Jade Tigress
Hey guys,

I didn't want to make another thread for this, but I recieved a notice from ANU on Oct 14th, informing me of an interview somwhere in Late oct-early nov. I waited and waited, no contact.

Finally, I got worried and emailed the person who wrote that email. She's away from her office until Nov 19th. But she did leave a stand-in contact person, which I emailed with my inquiry.

She informed me all ANU med School interview was all done in LATE SEPT! but I recieved a notification on OCTOBER 14th!!!

Anyone with any information, please PLEASE advise.

Thanks so much.

Laters!

- I'd be a bit worried about this kind of treatment if I were you...this seems a bit dodgy.

could have been the late sept interviews were for locals, and they're still doing international interviews. i interviewed early november two years ago.

Hey,

Pill Counter, you might have hit on something there. I did email a bunch of ppl in the Medical Education Unit, but forgot to mention that I was an Intl student. I did attach the email they sent me-postmarked Oct 14th where it DOES mention that I am an Intl student. So I will wait for their reply.

Thanks for the info guys, and yes, if this is a screwed up run-a-round, I might have to reconsider. Although I sincerely hope not. :(

You have to understand the enormous strategic planning involved in launching a medical school - you have to be prepared for that when applying to the first intake ever.
If you've got other choices, then better for you, but I highly doubt a little irritation should deter you from going to medical school.

Yup Pill Counter,

Its about 6 or 7 PM in Australia now, so I'll wait till I get a response. I can only imagine the managerial monster of a beast this much planning takes. Hopefully, its just a slight glitch.