call NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it bad to call NYU? I was complete in late sept and i've been waiting to hear word from them. I've already flown out to NY once for columbia and cornell. I'm flying out again in december for mt sinai...i left several days after sinai for my return flight just in case i get an interview from u roch or nyu. i emailed them saying that i would be in town. i can't really afford a third flight out to nyc. would it be excessive if i called them?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete mid-September and I was interviewed on November 4th (a spot opened up due to a canceled interview).

Just to warn you, Rochester is nowhere close to NYC. So leaving room for Rochester isn't going to do you much good unless you cancel your flight out from NYC and switch to a flight out from Rochester to get back home.

Originally posted by finnpipette
Is it bad to call NYU? I was complete in late sept and i've been waiting to hear word from them. I've already flown out to NY once for columbia and cornell. I'm flying out again in december for mt sinai...i left several days after sinai for my return flight just in case i get an interview from u roch or nyu. i emailed them saying that i would be in town. i can't really afford a third flight out to nyc. would it be excessive if i called them?

Call them. For some reason, e-mail takes a really long time -- calling them gets results much quicker.

Btw, University of Rochester is about five hours from NYC ... just letting you know so you can plan to get a car or something (I flew).

Members don't see this ad :)
Rochester is at least a 7-hour drive from NYC, FYI.

I did it in 5 hours.

I also drove 90mph the entire time (except when trucks slowed down traffic), stopped at 3 rest stops and once for gas, and just missed getting pulled over by a cop thanks to a traffic slowdown.

I wanted to get home in time for dinner. My mom's a good cook. :)

Thanks for your help guys! It's been nervewracking taking days off from work and trying to stay financially afloat. If only I were wealthly.

If I were a rich man,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a wealthy man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.

:p

Has anyone called NYU to find out their status in the process and how close they are to receiving an interview?

If so what did they say. I'm wondering whether there is a point to calling them or not.

I called in asking my status and was transfered to the interview coordinator who told me that my interview letter was mailed out the day before and he asked me when I wanted to interview.

I loved NYU, it's such an awesome school.
*crossing my fingers*

I just called, and the lady I spoke with was actually really nice...she said my file is under review and that the last date to send out interview invites is 1/15. I received my completion email on 10/1 and completion letter 10/20.

Far from what I got.

me: Hi, I'm trying to find out the status of my application...?

lady: When did you send your application in?

me: I became complete a little over a month ago.

lady: So that is the status of your application. *click*

Geez...maybe she'd had a zillion calls before you asking the same question.

Originally posted by Kashue
I called in asking my status and was transfered to the interview coordinator who told me that my interview letter was mailed out the day before and he asked me when I wanted to interview.

I loved NYU, it's such an awesome school.
*crossing my fingers*

Wow. I read your reply couple of hours ago, called them, and exactly the same thing happened to me. The guy was really nice, and told me that the invite should go out next week; but since I already called, he will schedule the interview now. They had a cancellation in early December and I took it!
Thanks Kashue!

Originally posted by edik
Wow. I read your reply couple of hours ago, called them, and exactly the same thing happened to me. The guy was really nice, and told me that the invite should go out next week; but since I already called, he will schedule the interview now. They had a cancellation in early December and I took it!
Thanks Kashue!

Sure!

Congrats! :clap: :clap: :clap: