California School of Pod Med's Dean is resigning!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PodChick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear he is to resign on July 1st, 2008, so the search for a new Dean is in process.

Members don't see this ad.

With everything topsy-turvy at that school, I wonder how it will fair against Western.

Members don't see this ad :)
That school is a disaster waiting to happen. I feel sorry for the students who have to deal with the BS that goes on there.

He's still there?? I thought he had already left...

That school is a disaster waiting to happen. I feel sorry for the students who have to deal with the BS that goes on there.
Yes, with the probation, the dean resigning, and Western starting to take apps soon, it does appear that the writing is on the wall for CSPM. You never know for sure, but Western or AZ would look much more attractive to me if I were trying to get into pod school in the western US right now.

It's too bad for Albert Burns to have a fairly negative event like this late in his career; he has contributed a lot to the profession. I was reading one of his chapters in McGlamry last night. There are a lot of great grads that have come from CCPM, and it sounds like the school had a legit claim as the top pod school not too long ago. The dean always ends up being the fall guy (or the hero) even though there's a lot of factors and many hardworking people that go into running a program.