California resident - what schools not to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thr0n333

Reaction score
if I'm a California resident, which schools should I not bother sending secondaries to? (already applied everywhere for primaries).
also is there information on out of state acceptance for DO schools anywhere? I can only find matriculation info

Members don't see this ad.

First of all why waste your money and apply all school if you're gonna ask this later?
Second, no one can advice you on school selection without you stats.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Most DO schools are private so there's no preference between in-state or out-of-state. The only schools with strong in-state or area preference are TCOM, OUHCOM, MSUCOM, OSUCOM, UNECOM, PNWU.

undergrad cGPA: 3.3 , sGPA 3.2
Grad: 4.0
MCAT 507
With your stats you're competitive for all DO schools. I would avoid ICOM, LMU, Touro NY, WCU, LUCOM. Then you can consider the rest. Strong DO schools are KCU, TCOM, OSU, PCOM PA, DMU, CUSOM, MUCOM, KCOM, OUHCOM, MSU, RVU CO. Good luck.

Most DO schools are private so there's no preference between in-state or out-of-state. The only schools with strong in-state or area preference are TCOM, OUHCOM, MSUCOM, OSUCOM, UNECOM, PNWU.

Rowan too

Reactions: 1 user
if I'm a California resident, which schools should I not bother sending secondaries to? (already applied everywhere for primaries).
also is there information on out of state acceptance for DO schools anywhere? I can only find matriculation info
I can't recommend
Nova
CalHS
LMU
LUCOM
WCU
Touro.NY

Make sure add PNWU. I know many California students get accepted to PNWU.
Follow the above list. Add Touro CA and NV.