California residencies reps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In terms of reputation solely for sake of gaining an edge to obtain a competitive fellowship, how would you rate the following programs?

UCI vs CH Oakland.
CHLA vs UCLA vs UCSD.
CHOC vs Loma Linda.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

someone please attempt an answer. thank you.

cbc said:
In terms of reputation solely for sake of gaining an edge to obtain a competitive fellowship, how would you rate the following programs?

UCI vs CH Oakland.
CHLA vs UCLA vs UCSD.
CHOC vs Loma Linda.

Thank you.

I'm certainly not an expert in this realm (current intern), but my feeling is that CH Oakland has a better rep than UCI. CHLA and UCLA are equivalent, I don't think UCSD is regarded as highly. Don't know much about CHOC or Loma Linda.

Peds fellowships tend to not be very competitive... Good luck!

And we are speaking about reputation for getting into fellowships, not general reputation and/or reputation for diversified training correct? Thank you for your input, and anyone else's.

medfred said:
I'm certainly not an expert in this realm (current intern), but my feeling is that CH Oakland has a better rep than UCI. CHLA and UCLA are equivalent, I don't think UCSD is regarded as highly. Don't know much about CHOC or Loma Linda.

Peds fellowships tend to not be very competitive... Good luck!