NICU Fellowship Program Reputation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soyouwannabeadoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a PGY2 applying to NICU fellowship this summer. I am hoping to be in the Northeast and am hoping to get some advice on general reputations of various northeast programs and specifically comparing the NYC programs. I generally do not rely much on rankings as they are very skewed and often don't reflect what is actually important about a program so hoping to gain some insight into reputations of NICU programs to keep in the back of my mind so I can make informed decisions as to where to apply. Any thoughts on the comparative reputations of the following:

Columbia, Cornell, Sinai, NYU, Montefiore, LIJ/Cohen's, Westchester Medical Center/Maria Farreri, Yale, Children's National, CHOP, Boston Children's, Hopkins, RWJ.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought this thread was locked? I guess what do I know?!

Even so, you will need to go to a place that has the highest likelihood of professional development. Interestingly, not knowing the facets of neonatology but pediatric ICU, that is entirely dependent on you and not the program.