California License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeekerOfTheTree

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody work on getting a license to go do a few shifts in Cali? How much does it cost and is it a lengthy process?

Members don't see this ad.

During Covid it was almost impossible, maybe easier now but I doubt it. I tried to get one for telemedicine and just quit trying after hitting road blocks after road blocks.

During Covid it was almost impossible, maybe easier now but I doubt it. I tried to get one for telemedicine and just quit trying after hitting road blocks after road blocks.
What kind of roadblocks?

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity why we thinking of doing this? I don’t think the pay is great

I went to medical school and residency at the same institution in CA. CA medical board misread my application for medical license during residency and kept mailing me inquiry letters asking why I fraudulently didn’t admit I had taken 5-6+ years to graduate from medical school since same hospital system was on both fields for education and training. They threatened to reject my application after my second letter back so I had to highlight all the different transcripts and put some nice patronizing annotations on them and finally went through after about 12 months.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I went to medical school and residency at the same institution in CA. CA medical board misread my application for medical license during residency and kept mailing me inquiry letters asking why I fraudulently didn’t admit I had taken 5-6+ years to graduate from medical school since same hospital system was on both fields for education and training. They threatened to reject my application after my second letter back so I had to highlight all the different transcripts and put some nice patronizing annotations on them and finally went through after about 12 months.
Damn

This is actually less incompetent than I expected as they actually put your application through in the end.

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of roadblocks?
Went onto website to start the processes, and from what I could figure out required me to call. I called said number and went to VM that they were not currently processing any new application or something like that.

They required fingerprints, photos, etc and no one were doing these verifications in my large urban city.

Extra money was just not worth it.