California Applicants (2015-2016 Cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get an email from CSULB requesting a syllabus from one of your pre-req classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. About a month ago they wanted to confirm that the Statistics class I had taken had covered ANOVA.

School: California Lutheran University
Major: Exercise Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.70
GRE: V 155/ Q 152 / AW 4.5
Applied: Western University, Chapman (Summer & Fall), Mt. Saint Mary's, USC, CSULB
Interviews: Western University (1/27/16)
Acceptances: USC (1/20/2016), Chapman Summer Cohort (1/2/2016)
Rejections: Not Yet

CSULB asked for a course syllabus for Stats (1/14/2016)

Still haven't heard anything back from Mt. Saint Mary's or CSULB

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CSULB informed me that applicants should expect a response in February 2016.

University: UC Berkeley
Major: Rhetoric
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V 164 / Q 152 / AW 4.0

Extra-Curric: about 700hrs of volunteer work in several settings

Volunteer: 91 out patient & 45 in patient

Applied: WesternU, USC, West Coast

Acceptances: USC

Rejections:

Interviews: WesternU

I'm getting my last few hours in this week for USC, and that app will be getting in just under the wire!

First acceptance!!

Acceptance!! :clap:

University
: UC Berkeley

Acceptances: USC, WesternU !!
Rejections:
Interviews: WesternU (1/26)

I'm visiting USC next week so I can make a final decision and accept an offer.

Reactions: 3 users

University

Rejections:

Congrats! You were accepted a day after you were interviewed for WesternU?

Congrats! You were accepted a day after you were interviewed for WesternU?
Yeah, my head is still sort of spinning. They said to call end of next week if we hadn't heard anything, and I got the email just before 5pm tonight.

Did anyone else get an email from CSULB requesting a syllabus from one of your pre-req classes?

I got an email requesting a syllabus from my Stats class to see if we covered ANOVA. I emailed back the syllabus and a powerpoint from lecture that same day, but didn't receive a courtesy email of "We received your email" or anything like that :-( I'm still hoping!

Is there a Facebook page for class of 2019 Loma Linda DPT program yet? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any info. on SDSU timeline? Anyone heard from them?

University

Rejections:

Did you get an email of your acceptance to use or did you look it up on the supplemental page?

Is there a Facebook page or a separate Thread for students accepted into Western U?

Does anyone have any info. on SDSU timeline? Anyone heard from them?
I'm waiting for SDSU too! I don't have any info and am hoping it's soon!! I've been compulsively checking email and online.

UPDATE

University: University of Hawaii at Manoa
Major: Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science
PTCAS Cum. GPA: 3.52
PTCAS Pre-req GPA: 3.22 (3.2-3.3 depending on the school)
Last 60 GPA: 3.74

GRE:
Q-147, V-150, AW-4.5 (1st time)
Q-154, V-157, AW-5.0 (2nd time)

Observation Hours:
56 - pediatrics/children’s hospital
188 - inpatient rehab hospital
678 - private outpatient clinic (currently working as a PT Aide)

Extra-curriculars / Work Experience:
Currently working as a wellness trainer at a retirement home / SNF (teaching group exercise classes and conducting one to one training), Biomechanics/Aquatics Lab Research, Sports Fitness/Rehab Volunteer (worked with AT/CSCS), College Intern at my high school’s digital media program, student assistant on campus, Filipino Club

Applied: Azusa, Cal State Northridge, Mount St. Marys, University of the Pacific, West Coast, Western University, UNLV
Interviews: Azusa - 2017 class (2/3/16 - Skype), UNLV (1/22/16), Western University (decided to decline)
Acceptances:
Alternate/Wait-lists: UNLV (#1-10 range)
Rejections: UOP, CSUN

Waiting for SDSU haha. The silence is killing me

Stats:
San Diego State University
Kinesiology (Pre-Physical Therapy)
PTCAS Cum: 3.46
PTCAS Pre:3.58

GRE:
V-162,Q-149,A-5.0

Hours:
Over 2500 hours paid pt aide experience. About 2000 in outpatient and 500 in pediatrics

Applied: SDSU, University of St Augustine, USC, Chapman
Accepted:
Denied:
Interviews: University of St Augustine

Waiting for SDSU haha. The silence is killing me

Stats:

GRE:
V-162,Q-149,A-5.0

Hours:
Over 2500 hours paid pt aide experience. About 2000 in outpatient and 500 in pediatrics

Accepted:
Denied:

When did you hear about your st augustine interview? I submitted all of my stuff to them pretty close to the deadline and I'm still waiting to hear back

When did you hear about your st augustine interview? I submitted all of my stuff to them pretty close to the deadline and I'm still waiting to hear back
I heard from St. Augustine on the January 27th. They said they were going to be conducting interviews on the 12th. I'm not sure if they're staggering them or not, but they could be for all I know. They've been a really difficult school to apply to haha.

Update:

Stats:

GRE:
V-162,Q-149,A-5.0

Hours:

Accepted: Chapman
Denied:

Is there a Facebook page for class of 2019 Loma Linda DPT program yet? Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!
I haven't seen anything mentioned, but would be interested! Congratulations on your acceptance, looks like we will be classmates!

UPDATE

University: University of Hawaii at Manoa
Major: Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science
PTCAS Cum. GPA: 3.52
PTCAS Pre-req GPA: 3.22 (3.2-3.3 depending on the school)
Last 60 GPA: 3.74

GRE:
Q-147, V-150, AW-4.5 (1st time)
Q-154, V-157, AW-5.0 (2nd time)

Observation Hours:
56 - pediatrics/children’s hospital
188 - inpatient rehab hospital
678 - private outpatient clinic (currently working as a PT Aide)

Extra-curriculars / Work Experience:
Currently working as a wellness trainer at a retirement home / SNF (teaching group exercise classes and conducting one to one training), Biomechanics/Aquatics Lab Research, Sports Fitness/Rehab Volunteer (worked with AT/CSCS), College Intern at my high school’s digital media program, student assistant on campus, Filipino Club

Applied: Azusa, Cal State Northridge, Mount St. Marys, University of the Pacific, West Coast, Western University, UNLV
Interviews: Azusa - 2017 class (2/3/16 - Skype), UNLV (1/22/16), Western University (declined)
Acceptances:
Alternate/Wait-lists: UNLV (#1-10 range), MSMU
Rejections: UOP, CSUN

It wasn't too bad, not nearly as stressful as Western U. How about you?

I have never used Skype before until today so it was kind of awkward but other than that, it was pretty laid back.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Major: English, Environmental Science
Overall GPA: 3.84 undergrad, 3.91 with post-bac
Pre-Req GPA: 3.74
GRE: V 167 (97%) / Q 158 (71%) / AW 4.5

Volunteer: 106 out patient (two private clinics), 102 in patient (one rehab hospital)

Applied: Samuel Merritt, UCSF/SFSU

Acceptances: Samuel Merritt (2/3/16)

Rejections:

Interviews: UCSF (1/22), Samuel Merritt (1/30)

Still waiting to hear back from UCSF, but I am definitely accepting Samuel Merritt's offer. Best wishes in your future PT careers, everyone!!

UPDATE

Major: English, Environmental Science
Overall GPA: 3.84 undergrad, 3.91 with post-bac
Pre-Req GPA: 3.74
GRE: V 167 (97%) / Q 158 (71%) / AW 4.5

Volunteer: 106 out patient (two private clinics), 102 in patient (one rehab hospital)

Acceptances: Samuel Merritt (2/3/16)

Rejections:

Interviews: UCSF (1/22), Samuel Merritt (1/30)

Still waiting to hear back from UCSF, but I am definitely accepting Samuel Merritt's offer. Best wishes in your future PT careers, everyone!!

Congrats!! How did SMU get back to you if you don't mind me asking? I haven't heard anything yet :\

Congrats!! How did SMU get back to you if you don't mind me asking? I haven't heard anything yet :\

I got a call from Kasie Lemmer this morning, at 9:30am my time (Hawaiian Standard Time). Based on previous years threads, applicants got calls from SMU about acceptances starting the Weds after interviews (today) at least until Friday of the same week. They also take students off their wait list. You're still good!

University: CSULB
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: 3.52
GRE: Verbal - 155, Quant - 160 AW - 5.0

Extra-Curric: Youth basketball coach, various gyms (kids, low-income seniors, corporate), fitness club

Observation Hours: 2100+ at outpatient aquatic facility, starting inpatient hours this week or next (need 40 for WesternU)

Applied: CSULB, CSUN, Chapman, SDSU, USA, WesternU, UNLV, Mt Saint Marys

Acceptance: University of St. Augustine, San Marcos (12/21) - Declined 1/26, Chapman (1/19) - Accepted
Interview: USA (11/20), UNLV (1/22) (Declining)
Waitlist: CSUN (#67) - Declined 1/26, Mt. Saint Marys - Declined 2/3
Rejections: CSULB 2/3

Long Beach was my #1 choice so now that I know I did not get in I'll be officially going to my #2 Chapman for the Summer cohort!

I got a call from Kasie Lemmer this morning, at 9:30am my time (Hawaiian Standard Time). Based on previous years threads, applicants got calls from SMU about acceptances starting the Weds after interviews (today) at least until Friday of the same week. They also take students off their wait list. You're still good!

Thank you! :) And congrats again!!

Has anyone else heard from SMU? (Congrats Fruitninja!)
And of those who have heard - was it by phone call? The website says email, but so far I've heard people received calls.

...waiting waiting waiting...

Has anyone else heard from SMU? (Congrats Fruitninja!)
And of those who have heard - was it by phone call? The website says email, but so far I've heard people received calls.

...waiting waiting waiting...

I got a phone call Wednesday afternoon as well. Good luck!!

If we don't get a call from SMU by today should we email Kasie Lemmer? Also, does anyone know if you're on a waitlist whether or not you will relieve a call from her? Thanks.

Anyone else hear anything today yet from Samuel Merritt? I haven't heard anything yet and I'm kind of worried.

Something i'm finding a little strange is that I've seen people with lower stats than some of the applicants in this thread that got into MSMU..

Something i'm finding a little strange is that I've seen people with lower stats than some of the applicants in this thread that got into MSMU..

Since when do these applications base solely on stats?

Waitlisted at SMU. I'm really taken aback by how far into the waitlist I am (in the 40's, and there are 89 on the waitlist.) From previous years threads, it sounds like the waitlist had only about 30 people on it, and about 20 would get in. Anyone know from recent years how many people tend to get in from the waitlist?

I thought I had a really good chance to get into SMU. I worked so hard at getting A's in Chem, A&P and Physics, have been a fitness trainer for 3 years, including in an AmeriCorps program, have over 400 hours as an outpatient aide, about 30 in inpatient acute care. I'm sure my letters of rec were good. Think my Q GRE and undergrad GPA must have been what brought me down.

So sad, worked so hard for this and I feel like my dream has been taken away!!!! :(

Here are my stats:

Major: Conservation and Resource Studies
Overall GPA: 3.21 undergrad, 3.77 post-bac
Pre-Req GPA: 3.38
GRE: V 163 (92%) / Q 154 (56%) / AW 4.5

Hours: 415 as aide in outpatient ortho; 36 as volunteer in inpatient rehab

Waitlisted : UCSF/SFSU (1/31/16), Samuel Merritt (2/5/16)

Hello!

I've seen that some people have already been interviewed for UoP. Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? Does anyone know their timeline?

I'm still waiting to hear back and contemplating waiting versus reaching out.

Thanks!

Waitlisted at SMU. I'm really taken aback by how far into the waitlist I am (in the 40's, and there are 89 on the waitlist.) From previous years threads, it sounds like the waitlist had only about 30 people on it, and about 20 would get in. Anyone know from recent years how many people tend to get in from the waitlist?

I thought I had a really good chance to get into SMU. I worked so hard at getting A's in Chem, A&P and Physics, have been a fitness trainer for 3 years, including in an AmeriCorps program, have over 400 hours as an outpatient aide, about 30 in inpatient acute care. I'm sure my letters of rec were good. Think my Q GRE and undergrad GPA must have been what brought me down.

So sad, worked so hard for this and I feel like my dream has been taken away!!!! :(

Here are my stats:

I feel your pain. I was wait listed as well and I also thought I had a good chance of getting into SMU. I'm wait listed 19 out of 89 but still don't know if I will get a spot. It doesn't seem like many people are giving up their spots. But i guess we will just have to wait and see :(

Hello!

I've seen that some people have already been interviewed for UoP. Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? Does anyone know their timeline?

Thanks!

Hello! I am still waiting to hear back from UOP as well. I'm thinking I haven't heard anything yet because my academic update barely just got processed.

Hello!

Thanks!
I interviewed on 1/29, and was told a decision would be made within 2-3 weeks. So I'm probably going to give it until 2/12 before reaching out. I hope they can come to some decisions sooner!

I feel your pain. I was wait listed as well and I also thought I had a good chance of getting into SMU. I'm wait listed 19 out of 89 but still don't know if I will get a spot. It doesn't seem like many people are giving up their spots. But i guess we will just have to wait and see :(

Position 19 isn't so bad! I think you have a good chance. :)

Here are my stats:

Yikes. You took a gamble applying to only two schools though and the application process is never perfect. Had a bud whose stats were a little higher than yours, also worked as a trainer and did a stint with PeaceCorps. Wasn't granted an interview at either of the schools. Fingers crossed that you get in through the waitlist though!

Here are my stats:

Don't give up! You may not have been accepted right off the bat, but you're still on the waitlist, so you still have a shot

Here are my stats:

Well, at least you got wait listed at UCSF/SFSU. I never even heard back. I can't imagine what it must feel like to get wait listed at both schools. Hopefully you will get in to one. Pulling for you!

You never heard back?! That can't be right. Well, I'm glad you got into SMU. Thanks for the encouragement from you all!