c3.93, s3.95, MCAT: 512, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Michigander123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an Asian female.

GPA: c3.93, s3.95

MCAT: 512 (took it one time)

Research: worked/volunteered in a research lab for 2 years with one publication. Was part of a competitive research program at my university. Went to multiple conferences (local and national).

Clinical volunteering: 250+ hours of volunteering at two hospitals combined.

Other volunteering: Volunteered at an Autism social program on and off for the past 1 year. Went on 1 Alternative Spring Break trip (45+ hours).

Jobs: tutor and supplemental instruction leader at university (2 years now with Level 1,2,3 CRLA certifications). Scribe at Beaumont for the past one year. Service Learning Advocate (2 years) where I helped organize and host campus service events.

Shadowing: 200+ hours of shadowing one general physician and one orthopedic surgeon. Also shadowed physicians abroad during medical trips.

Letters of recommendations: I think these will be great. I will have six in total - Dean of Honor's college, research mentor, two science professors, one doctor, one work supervisor.

Other: Part of the Honor's college.
President/Founder for 2 years of a student organization where we traveled abroad on 2 medical trips so far (each with over 40+ hours of volunteering/shadowing in itself). Treasurer for 2 years of a dance team on campus. Received a research merit scholarship, honor's college scholarship, and multiple service awards.

I am planning on applying this cycle, hopefully within the first week of June. Could anyone give me a list of schools to which I have a good chance at (hopefully mid-tier to top-tier)? I live in Michigan and my dream school is University of Michigan though I am keeping my options open.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should apply to all your Michigan schools: Wayne State, Michigan State, Central Michigan, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan and U Michigan. You can add any OOS schools that appeal to you as long as you apply to all your Michigan schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:

U VM
Mayo
Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush
Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Georgetown

Emory

USC/Keck

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Oakland-B

All MI schools

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

I am an Asian female.

GPA: c3.93, s3.95

MCAT: 512 (took it one time)

Research: worked/volunteered in a research lab for 2 years with one publication. Was part of a competitive research program at my university. Went to multiple conferences (local and national).

Clinical volunteering: 250+ hours of volunteering at two hospitals combined.

Other volunteering: Volunteered at an Autism social program on and off for the past 1 year. Went on 1 Alternative Spring Break trip (45+ hours).

Jobs: tutor and supplemental instruction leader at university (2 years now with Level 1,2,3 CRLA certifications). Scribe at Beaumont for the past one year. Service Learning Advocate (2 years) where I helped organize and host campus service events.

Shadowing: 200+ hours of shadowing one general physician and one orthopedic surgeon. Also shadowed physicians abroad during medical trips.

Letters of recommendations: I think these will be great. I will have six in total - Dean of Honor's college, research mentor, two science professors, one doctor, one work supervisor.

Other: Part of the Honor's college.
President/Founder for 2 years of a student organization where we traveled abroad on 2 medical trips so far (each with over 40+ hours of volunteering/shadowing in itself). Treasurer for 2 years of a dance team on campus. Received a research merit scholarship, honor's college scholarship, and multiple service awards.

I am planning on applying this cycle, hopefully within the first week of June. Could anyone give me a list of schools to which I have a good chance at (hopefully mid-tier to top-tier)? I live in Michigan and my dream school is University of Michigan though I am keeping my options open.

Thanks!