C/O 2018 LECOM: Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, I was wondering if any pharmacy students that have finished their first year can tell me about the grading policy at LECOM Bradenton campus.
Is it pass or no pass or do they give letter grades. Is there a curve or straight scale. I also am curious about how often the school gives testing. Any insight
would be great. Thankyou and good luck to everyone applying.

Anyone want to chime in. It would be much appreciated. The deadline for the school is Feb. 1st so I still have time to apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Googled**
Oh goodness...I can find more things wrong than googled versus goggle in my old posts but it shows dedication to go back and edit for me. I can assure you English is not my strength.If that bothers you hmm don't look at my posts because between me and my phone's autocorrect I'm horrible! I type some crazy words. I can apologize right now for past and future posts. Surprised you didn't toss in my lovely ur next to my goggle. Which I can assure you.. it was an error because I know how to spell Google. For my broken English ..broken sentences..your..ur..you're..were..ee're..to.. too..I'm sniffle sorry sniffle.. oh and my phone doesn't allow me to scroll up and down when I text on this site which makes it difficult to go back and edit the words my phone autofills in..and I have this text to Much problem in one message so I will have errors. Let me guess you got into UF? Congratulations on where ever you accepted.

Anyone want to chime in. It would be much appreciated. The deadline for the school is Feb. 1st so I still have time to apply.
I would suggest private messaging bumpntrunk. He has completed work at lecom and still posts in this thread time to time. Good luck! I can tell you exams are every week on your pre-determined?! day( goodness Mur7ay has me nervous about my English sniff sniff) lol... To be sure message him.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To Kaks and dsao
Well of course the odds are lowered the longer you wait but the good thing is that even though so many offers have been given out not everyone will accept so it keeps rolling on. Also, near the end even if people paid the deposit some will still decline because a better choice for them came up. opening more seats up.I just hope people notify the school as soon as possible when they know 100% they will not be attending so others waiting can be told sooner. It is not uncommon for people to be wait listed and told during the summer they have an invite to attend. So, there is still some odds left in your favor til the very end. Good luck!

I go to LECOM - I just finished my first semester and we are two weeks into our second semester. The grading is A B C or Fail. There is no curve - what you get is what you get. The end of the September up until mid November we had a test a week and this semester we have some weeks where there are two tests a week. It is more studying I have ever done in my life, but I value my education at LECOM and trust me I have learned a lot. The teachers are amazing - they are always willing to help you, it is challenging but it is all to make you the better pharmacist. If you are really passionate about becoming a pharmacist, LECOM is the school for you.

Last edited:
hey if anyone looking for a roomie, i'm looking for either a 2 or 3 bedroom. I'm 20, a male, I promise and clean and expect the same from my future, I have a super chill cat and he's coming with me lol, i'm really easy going, and don't mind rooming with a guy or girl. If you are interested lmk, 281-736-2892

Good luck on interviews this week!!

Last edited:
I just got my interview invite today and I'm so excited! I am recieving my bachelors degree...is it true that they omit the PCAT scores because of that and replace it with a writing prompt at the interview? If anyone has any tips please let me know! I'll continue reading the previous posts until then.

They are not going to omit the PCAT score if they received it unless you tell them you want the decision to be based on having your Bachelors not the PCAT ( they are going to look at the score any way ) . i did both, and they accepted me based on my pcat score not on my degree. Good luck :)

Thank you!
They are not going to omit the PCAT score if they received it unless you tell them you want the decision to be based on having your Bachelors not the PCAT ( they are going to look at the score any way ) . i did both, and they accepted me based on my pcat score not on my degree. Good luck :)

Thank you! I really want this bad so I'll be spending the next month preparing for the interview. I see on pharmcas that they interview a large amount of people

Thank you!

Thank you! I really want this bad so I'll be spending the next month preparing for the interview. I see on pharmcas that they interview a large amount of people
I wouldn't worry to much about your pcat score because I know ppl with horrible scores that got in. I believe they are looking for real people who handle conflicts well and is passionate about pharmacy. Be honest,calm, and ask questions! Good luck! You got this!

I wouldn't worry to much about your pcat score because I know ppl with horrible scores that got in. I believe they are looking for real people who handle conflicts well and is passionate about pharmacy. Be honest,calm, and ask questions! Good luck! You got this!

My pcat composite wasn't the greatest. I did just fine in the science area but not so well in the others sections. I've been working as a technician for 7 years and using that to pay for school while doing so. Given that, I have many examples of struggles and conflicts that I had to overcome inside of work and outside. So hopefully using my life experience can demonstrate that. Ahhh so excited! Even if I don't get in its an honor to just be considered and have the opportunity to interview. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

My pcat composite wasn't the greatest. I did just fine in the science area but not so well in the others sections. I've been working as a technician for 7 years and using that to pay for school while doing so. Given that, I have many examples of struggles and conflicts that I had to overcome inside of work and outside. So hopefully using my life experience can demonstrate that. Ahhh so excited! Even if I don't get in its an honor to just be considered and have the opportunity to interview. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

Hello, Almisa. You do not need your PCAT score if you have a bachelors degree. I have 2 bachelors degrees (one in Biological Sciences and one in Applied Psychology) and did not take the PCAT. I was interviewed on 11/12/13, and I heard back that following Monday, 11/18/13, that I had gotten accepted. I am too excited to start this new chapter in my life. I have been working my life away and I am ready and more than willing to get back to school and studying. The interview was, by far, one of the most relaxed interviews I have had. They really want to get to know you, honestly. The interview questions listed on this website (SDN) are very helpful. I know it's cliche, but be yourself. Go in there, cool, calm and collected and you'll rock the interview :) If you need anything, send me a message and I will be glad to get back to you when I am free. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I haven't gotten a chance to post here since I've been working a ton. Best of luck again to everyone. Seems like the ones already accepted are giving great support and that's what we need as future classmates! We all worked very hard to get to this point and I really hope the best for all! It's already February and I was accepted back on October! Time is flying! Feel free for anyone to message me if anyone has any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Not to be the bearer of bad tidings but just for a dose of some reality. My class started last semester with 147 students, this spring is now 139...

Not to be the bearer of bad tidings but just for a dose of some reality. My class started last semester with 147 students, this spring is now 139...

Interesting you lost 8 students. Wonder if it was for personal reasons or they just didn't fit in well with that particular program. What class are you in?

Hmm..that doesn't seem too high. pharm school is demanding ..I hope in survive.

Interviewed last Thursday and got accepted today!
Cumulative GPA: 2.83
Science GPA: 2.62
PCAT: 60
Graduating with a B.S. in Biomedical Sciences after 3 years.
:)

Last edited:
Wow..has anyone ever taken elementary analytical quantitave chemistry before...Geesh...first exam in 45 minutes I'm nervous..I have to admit I'm more nervous about this exam then the interview I had fir lecom....eek...

Interviewed last Thursday as well and got accepted!!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on Thursday 1/30 and I'm in and feeling great with the class of twenty eight...teen! Haha! Thank God. Whew. I had my doubt but glad I made it. Now I'm just waiting on that letter and I'll be sipping some champs. ;p

I'm new here...Interviewed on Thursday 01/30 and got accepted!!!

I interviewed last Thursday on 01/30 and got accepted! So excited to finally go to pharmacy school! For the rest of you that were accepted congrats!! This is a major turning point in my life and I am ready for this. Is there a Facebook page established yet for the class of 2018 Bradenton pharmacy students?

I interviewed last Thursday on 01/30 and got accepted! So excited to finally go to pharmacy school! For the rest of you that were accepted congrats!! This is a major turning point in my life and I am ready for this. Is there a Facebook page established yet for the class of 2018 Bradenton pharmacy students?
There is a page on fb..I can't remember the name something like lecom Bradenton pharmacy class of 2018...someone help a girl out!

Interviewed on 01/16 was accepted and I have officially paid my deposit! Ready to make the move from Ohio!

Does anyone know when the next batch of emails for interviews will be coming? I've been stalking my emails for the last few weeks! Lol

HELP. I have a question that needs answering. I have been in accepted in the class of 2018 pharmacy program at Bradenton. I have finished all of my prerequisites as of fall 2013. I am still currently taking classes at FSU this semester, using it as a backup plan in case I did not get accepted into pharm. school. Could I drop my current classes since I have been accepted and none of my classes are prerequisites?

Depends if you have your Bachelor's already or if those classes are for completing your degree. I would call Lauren and explain the situation to her. I'm thinking that if you didn't have your Bachelor's yet finish those classes but if you do have it and fall within drop period then why not? Then again best bet is to call Lauren.

So does Lecom offer distant learning now for pharmacy? Got some kind of email today from PharmCAS mentioning something like this

They are based out of PA. So their distance campus is the bradenton campus.

Nvm Murray I have no idea what the hell you are talking about lol.

There is a thread in the prepharm section.

From PharmCAS:

"PharmCAS is pleased to announce the addition of one new pathway to our application service, the LECOM-Distance Education Pathway.
As an applicant, you will now have the ability to apply to LECOM-Distance Education Pathway by logging into your application and going to the "Pharmacy Designations" section. Their application deadline is March 3, 2014. To learn more about the pathway and all requirements, please visit their school page in our Directory."

I also received the same e-mail from PharmCAS today about the distance pathway and was excited to research this school. I've read some good and bad, but in order to run an effective online program there has to be amazing organization on the school's part... So, from what I have gathered from reading earlier posts, this is the first year they are offering the distance pathway?? Does anyone have any information on this? Will it be similar to Creighton in that we will have to go to FL or PA in the summers for labs? Do they have web lectures that we can watch at any time? etc...

yes, i already made a group long time a go named " LECOM-Bradenton School of Pharmacy C/O 2018 " if you would like to join :)

For all the people who just got accepted CONGRATULATION !! and who is still waiting or have any question regarding admission/interview, message me and i will be glad to help you , or you can join our group on FB named "LECOM-Bradenton School of Pharmacy C/O 2018" . Good luck , and i will see you all in August :)

HELP. I have a question that needs answering. I have been in accepted in the class of 2018 pharmacy program at Bradenton. I have finished all of my prerequisites as of fall 2013. I am still currently taking classes at FSU this semester, using it as a backup plan in case I did not get accepted into pharm. school. Could I drop my current classes since I have been accepted and none of my classes are prerequisites?
That's a Lauren questions. If you didn't take a pcat and no bachelor by end of spring2014 that's a no. If you took a pcat, no bachelor , and did the interview essay maybe..to many variables so ask Lauren and your acceptance letter tells you what your contingency is..if that letter says one thing and Lauren says another on the phone get it in writting like get a new contingency letter... Good luck.

So does Lecom offer distant learning now for pharmacy? Got some kind of email today from PharmCAS mentioning something like this
I heard they are going to have a distant learning for about 24 students?! They do the lectures online and the students will have to attend labs and rotations. Also, they have to go to exam testing site. I do not know anything more than that nor do I know anyone doing it or even offered to do it..

Happy President's Day people! Welp just got confirmation that my matriculation fee was received so it's official! Huzzah! Now begins the pre-pharm school preparation rush.

How long did it take after you submitted a supplement to receive an interview invitation? I submitted only over a week ago. So I'm just wondering how long I should expect to wait to hear anything..

They send me an interview invite a week after they send me the email about my application being processed.

They send me an interview invite a week after they send me the email about my application being processed.
Cool. I'm not sure if I have even gotten that email yet. I got an email to fill out the supplement about a week ago, last Sat.. did that and received my payment receipt. Hopefully I will get one soon :D . It's actually one of my top choices to go here.

I just sent my supplemental app Feb 10th . . . has anyone else recently submitted their supplemental app and received an interview? I had read some of the previous threads and it seems like people were finding out if they received and interview really quick.

Did anyone get accepted for the interview on Feb 13, 2014? I got on alternate list.

Don't stress you'll hear something soon! They get a ton of apps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how do we get move up for the alternate list, i believed the top 10% will get high change for admission.

Not so sure my friend, it all depends on how the ad com ranks you. But you see when it comes to alt. candidates you won't begin to hear anything before May/June. Heck I may be wrong but like Cleveland said just have hope and be positive!

What others turn down will surely turn up for you. This school ends up taking a lot of alts.

Did anyone get accepted for the interview on Feb 13, 2014? I got on alternate list.
Hey I was there.. what was your name? Alternate list is not too bad, its better than a flat out rejection.

Hey I was there.. what was your name? Alternate list is not too bad, its better than a flat out rejection.
I were there for the morning section. My name is Phuong Le, did you get accept?