Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congrats and good luck! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you completed the supplemental application? I am still hoping I'd get an interview with them and your post gives me so much hope. Wish you all the best with the interview!!
Sure, I have a 3.9 gpa and 21 AA/ 20 TS. I submitted my application back in late July, but ended up taking my DAT at a later date due to covid. I'm pretty sure that delayed my application quite a bit since UB states all requirements must be met before a full file review. Thanks for the well wishes! I hope you hear from them soon (its still possible!).

Members don't see this ad.

Does UB look at applicants as holistically as they say they do? I’m a NYS resident and I literally live 10 minutes from UB, so obviously UB is one of my top choices.

I have yet to hear back from them, I was placed on “continuing review” on November 24th and haven’t heard back since. I have a 3.75 gpa, 3.67 sgpa, and 19 DAT. My gpa is well over their average, and my DAT score is well within their average.

I also have experience working in the healthcare field as a certified nursing assistant, 2 years of undergrad research experience, 2 dental internships, 600+ volunteer hours and over 200 shadowing hours.

I received an interview earlier this cycle from the University of Pittsburgh which is a much harder school to get into compared to UB (because of their higher average stats) so I don’t understand why I have heard absolutely nothing from UB in the last 3 months.

I applied on June 16th; however, I couldn’t retake my DAT until September, and my scores were not verified until October 1st. I know that may be considered late and could be a reason why I haven’t heard back.

I sent them a letter of interest a few weeks ago and still have heard nothing. Does anyone have any advice?

Does UB look at applicants as holistically as they say they do? I’m a NYS resident and I literally live 10 minutes from UB, so obviously UB is one of my top choices.

I have yet to hear back from them, I was placed on “continuing review” on November 24th and haven’t heard back since. I have a 3.75 gpa, 3.67 sgpa, and 19 DAT. My gpa is well over their average, and my DAT score is well within their average.

I also have experience working in the healthcare field as a certified nursing assistant, 2 years of undergrad research experience, 2 dental internships, 600+ volunteer hours and over 200 shadowing hours.

I received an interview earlier this cycle from the University of Pittsburgh which is a much harder school to get into compared to UB (because of their higher average stats) so I don’t understand why I have heard absolutely nothing from UB in the last 3 months.

I applied on June 16th; however, I couldn’t retake my DAT until September, and my scores were not verified until October 1st. I know that may be considered late and could be a reason why I haven’t heard back.

I sent them a letter of interest a few weeks ago and still have heard nothing. Does anyone have any advice?
Hi, after you sent a the letter of interest, did you get a confirmation email? I would try calling the admissions office and letting them know your continued interest.

Members don't see this ad :)

im in a very similar boat, I applied in August, but didnt take the DAT until September and then was completed and placed on Continuing Review in November. I sent two letters, one in December and one last week. I received a confirmation email that they received them but no luck with an interview so far. Buffalo is also my top

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, after you sent a the letter of interest, did you get a confirmation email? I would try calling the admissions office and letting them know your continued interest.
I did receive a confirmation email a few days ago. And okay I will try that thank you!

im in a very similar boat, I applied in August, but didnt take the DAT until September and then was completed and placed on Continuing Review in November. I sent two letters, one in December and one last week. I received a confirmation email that they received them but no luck with an interview so far. Buffalo is also my top
Wow interesting, do you mind me asking your stats?

Wow interesting, do you mind me asking your stats?
21 PAT, 19AA, 19TS 3.5 GPA. I only applied to 6 schools, but I have received two interviews/acceptances. Tons of extra curriculars (leadership roles, awards, multiple organizations on and off campus), volunteering (+600 hours), shadowing (+300 hours).

Reactions: 1 users
21 PAT, 19AA, 19TS 3.5 GPA. I only applied to 6 schools, but I have received two interviews/acceptances. Tons of extra curriculars (leadership roles, awards, multiple organizations on and off campus), volunteering (+600 hours), shadowing (+300 hours).
You have great stats and great extra curriculars! We basically have the same stats along with above average experiences, so it’s really discouraging to see that it seems like they only care about DAT scores? Obviously a 19 AA is average but we both excelled in every other aspect of the application so I don’t understand.

Where did you get accepted to? I’m currently on the waitlist at Pitt and I’m also awaiting a decision from LECOM

You have great stats and great extra curriculars! We basically have the same stats along with above average experiences, so it’s really discouraging to see that it seems like they only care about DAT scores? Obviously a 19 AA is average but we both excelled in every other aspect of the application so I don’t understand.

Where did you get accepted to? I’m currently on the waitlist at Pitt and I’m also awaiting a decision from LECOM
Thank you! Your stats are amazing too, and I know they do a holistic review, I know people who have gotten in with lower DAT scores than ours, I genuinely have no idea why we werent selected for an interview, i hope it is not over yet.

I got into NYU, I am hearing back from Western within a week but I have high hopes.

I got into buffalo with a 3.4 gpa and 3.3 science gpa but I did get a 23 on my DAT. I would say they do look at the apps holistically! I also interviewed at pitt but was waitlisted.
Thank you for sharing, I am also waitlisted at Pitt! Congrats that is am excelled DAT score, unfortunately my strengths do not include timed testing and the DAT makes me extremely anxious. However I feel like the rest of my application makes up for my average DAT score

Thank you! Your stats are amazing too, and I know they do a holistic review, I know people who have gotten in with lower DAT scores than ours, I genuinely have no idea why we werent selected for an interview, i hope it is not over yet.

I got into NYU, I am hearing back from Western within a week but I have high hopes.
Thank you and congrats! In the email they sent me saying they received my letter of interest, they also said they will be interviewing through March so hopefully we will hear something soon! Good luck to you!

• Care
Thank you and congrats! In the email they sent me saying they received my letter of interest, they also said they will be interviewing through March so hopefully we will hear something soon! Good luck to you!
Thank you so much! And best of luck to you! Thank you for sharing that they are interviewing until March that gives me some hope, I hope we hear back and who knows maybe we'll be classmates!

• Care
@98dent20 can i ask you a few things about your NYU interview? I cant seem to private message you

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else just receive a “continuing review“ email? I know I’m kinda late In the game !

Anyone else just receive a “continuing review“ email? I know I’m kinda late In the game !
I got one too! It's just a kind of update to let us know that they're still reviewing our app

Do you think thats a good or bad sign?
not a bad sign also not a good sign - It's just part of their process multiple have gotten interviews and admitted into UB despite being put on continuing review, try not to worry about it too much :)

not a bad sign also not a good sign - It's just part of their process multiple have gotten interviews and admitted into UB despite being put on continuing review, try not to worry about it too much :)
Thank you!! :)

Hey guys can anyone at buffalo comment on these questions: would appreciate your transparency. considering tufts vs buffalo (IS)

1. have their been issues with covid and/or been able to cope with it?

2. Clinical requirements in spite of covid, which school is better prepping students to graduate on time?

3. student:faculty ratio esp in the preclinic

4. anatomy labs, which one offers more hands-on or are they both similar?

Hey guys can anyone at buffalo comment on these questions: would appreciate your transparency. considering tufts vs buffalo (IS)

1. have their been issues with covid and/or been able to cope with it?

2. Clinical requirements in spite of covid, which school is better prepping students to graduate on time?

3. student:faculty ratio esp in the preclinic

4. anatomy labs, which one offers more hands-on or are they both similar?
From people I have spoken with the general consensus is that Tufts did not do a great job adapting to covid. A student that goes there told me that many of the students had resentment towards faculty and administration on how they dealt with the entire situation. I would say this is a NO BRAINER type of decision. Im not sure about your residency but even if you are oos for NY it is so much cheaper than attending tufts who literally has about triple the class size and the cost of living in Boston is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, UB hasn’t done a very great job adapting to covid either. I know students in both the dental and pharmacy schools and both have grown increasingly frustrated towards faculty and administrators with the way they handled the transition to online learning. I live 10 minutes from UB and based on what these people have been saying, it’s really changed my decision about wanting to go to UB for dental school. It seems as they treat their students like robots, and expect them to learn all this info without any actual method or assistance to learn it, even if the students ask for help. Two students I know specifically stated that the learning environment at UB is bad for their mental health. Take this with a grain of salt though, I’m sure many schools have had issues with adapting to covid

Unfortunately, UB hasn’t done a very great job adapting to covid either. I know students in both the dental and pharmacy schools and both have grown increasingly frustrated towards faculty and administrators with the way they handled the transition to online learning. I live 10 minutes from UB and based on what these people have been saying, it’s really changed my decision about wanting to go to UB for dental school. It seems as they treat their students like robots, and expect them to learn all this info without any actual method or assistance to learn it, even if the students ask for help. Two students I know specifically stated that the learning environment at UB is bad for their mental health. Take this with a grain of salt though, I’m sure many schools have had issues with adapting to covid
@dentalguru101

I have also heard this.

I have also heard this.
@dentalguru101 I totally get your concerns. But I have to say no school expected the magnitude with which Covid would affect classes and clinicals. Every school struggled with transitioning to remote learning and trying to adapt, obviosuly some better than others. A trend I seem to have noticed and you can correct me if I am wrong is that private dental schools seem to have more negative opinion from students in comparison to public state schools regarding Covid related concerns. (Maybe it has something to do with private schools having larger class sizes such as tufts and NYU) Also many opinions may be subjective to the individual so I would take everything with a grain of salt. In my eyes buffalo is the clear option but you’ve posted inquiring about nyu and tufts over UB which seems as if you’re trying to convince yourself why not to go to UB.

@dentalguru101 I totally get your concerns. But I have to say no school expected the magnitude with which Covid would affect classes and clinicals. Every school struggled with transitioning to remote learning and trying to adapt, obviosuly some better than others. A trend I seem to have noticed and you can correct me if I am wrong is that private dental schools seem to have more negative opinion from students in comparison to public state schools regarding Covid related concerns. (Maybe it has something to do with private schools having larger class sizes such as tufts and NYU) Also many opinions may be subjective to the individual so I would take everything with a grain of salt. In my eyes buffalo is the clear option but you’ve posted inquiring about nyu and tufts over UB which seems as if you’re trying to convince yourself why not to go to UB.

Exactly! Buffalo seems like the no brainer and I was just curious to see how each school has been handling all that has gone on! Thanks guys for your input

Congratulation on your interview invite! Do you mind sharing your stats and may I ask when did you receive the invite?
Thank you! Sure, I got the invite a little over a week ago, 2/5. I have a 3.9 gpa and 21 AA/ 20 TS.

For anyone that interviewed on the 17, do you know when admissions said we would be hearing back? I must have missed it :(

Did anyone’s status change from waitlist to “invited to interview”

Does anyone know if they're still interviewing?

Does anyone know about how many seats they have left?

hi! I accepted buffalo but also got accepted at another school. Does anyone know if there are any additional deposits after the first 1250 one, and when the last day to decline my acceptance is?

Does anyone know if UB accepts pass/fail courses this semester (i am already accepted)? What if it is a pre-req course?

Also, once accepted, is there a a GPA we must maintain?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when waitlist movement would occur or is pretty much throughout the cycle now?

Does anyone know if they’re still sending out interview invites?

Reactions: 2 users
I applied pretty late in the cycle, but just received an email today saying my application was continuing to be reviewed, and that if chosen for an interview my status would change. So I guess there's a possibility they're still interviewing...

talked to admissions yesterday was told they are still sending out interview invites for this month. Best of luck :)

Reactions: 2 users