BU vs WashU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMVpromoter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boston University

Pros
  • The city of Boston might be better/more enjoyable than St. Louis
  • I enjoyed the feel/vibe/mission of the school
  • They gave me a nice scholarship
Cons
  • Much more debt upon graduation
Washington University

Pros

• Name/prestige/top ranking
  • Lower debt upon graduation (don't have the exact numbers yet, but possibly ~$100K lower in debt)
Cons
  • Not sure if it was just the specific people I interacted with on my interview day, but combined with other reports on SDN about this, I feel that the students may be more competitive/less friendly/more awkward. For example, I said 'hi' to several students without getting any response and it weirded me out. I didn't get this from any other school I've been to.
Summary: Overall, I liked the atmosphere of BU much more than WashU, but in the long term, I feel that WashU would be better for my career. I think both schools are great and I can't go wrong with either one of course. I want to hear other people's opinions and make sure I'm considering everything. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in tr same situation with similar pros and cons and I would undoubtedly choose WashU.

Reactions: 1 user
WashU. Both good schools but WashU is definitely better regarded and will give you more opportunities. I wouldn't worry about competitiveness (true P/F first two years).

Reactions: 1 user