BS/MD program help...

i will be taking the SAT a total of three times:

June-1890 (590 (reading), 630 (math), 670 (writing)

October-score not available, but didn't feel too confident

November-I'm preparing and hoping for the best...

SAT Subject Tests in December...

you guys think i have a shot??

Hmm, your SAT score is a little on the low side for Bacc/MD programs. The lowest score my friends in Bacc/MD programs had gotten was 2150. It might be a little tough for you to get in a Bacc/MD program based solely on your SAT scores.

As for your losing two hours of study time, I'll echo Depakote. Work through those two hours (I know it's tough) so you can go to bed earlier. As important as studying is, sleeping's a pretty essential part of your day as well.

Members don't see this ad.

quick question:

i want to try and keep my rank in school as salutatorian

my GPA is a 4.850

and the kid behind me is a 4.798

do you think ill be ahead at the end of the year...im taking more AP classes than he is...

quick question:

i want to try and keep my rank in school as salutatorian

my GPA is a 4.850

and the kid behind me is a 4.798

do you think ill be ahead at the end of the year...im taking more AP classes than he is...

I think you have a great chance of being salutatorian if your GPA stays better than his.

(we aren't fortune tellers)

Members don't see this ad :)
its monmouth, not manmouth....although the latter would be pretty funny....lol

the program is not accelerated, its guaranteed admission into drexel med as long as u maintain a 3.5 and get a 29 on the mcats.

they require that u have a 3.5 or better and a 1280 with no score less than 580 (math and reading) with a total of 1280 or greater.

bad news..im uber depressed...

i got my scores today and i only got a 1760....there go my dreams....

im really sad, and now it feels as if i have no chance at even the regulars...

i take the SAT for the third time next saturday...

At this point you want to focus on staying positive for your SAT retake. You want to go into the test day feeling confident.

If you're worried about your chances you can add some safety schools. It's possible to get into med school from just about any college, your SAT performance won't really matter for med school admissions.

i just regret this testing ordeal...that's the only drawback i have..

i think i have a little good news...i took the test today and feel as if i aced it...just pray for me...

wow depakote..you truly are a psychic! i had to drop that class to make room for whatever...

when i visited my counselor today, she made me so depressed by discouraging me of joining the accelerated program, and how i reay had like a 99.9% chance of not making it in...

i just don't know what to do next...

Hey! That is so not true! You should totally try and reach out. I mean, your SAT stats aren't that great, but I am sure with a little work, it'll work out fine! As for the information your counselor gave you - accelerated programs are VERY competitive, and often more difficult to get into than the best Ivy League schools, at least statistically speaking. But I got into BU's seven year program, and I'm an International student! Your academic and extra curriculars all sound pretty solid, so I would recommend trying to do some activity to let colleges know that you are interested in medicine - might I suggest a conference - NYLF: Med! Try contacting CYLC via email and let them know that you are interested, and see what happens. Any extra activities to boost you can't hurt, right? And also, it's imperative to take high-level courses during your senior year, but I don't think that you should burn yourself out - take enough, but only so you can maintain a good, solid GPA. After all, a 4.0 unweighted is very impressive, as long as there are "sprinkles" of honors and AP courses spread throughout your entire high school career.

Also, if you have any specific questions about the BU SMED program, just message me, and I would be more than glad to help you. Hope this helps!