BS/MD List with statistics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riverrunner

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not a high school student, but rather an advisor who works with them as they figure out college plans. Does this site cover BS/MD programs, including narrative descriptions, admission stats, residency match, etc? Google isn't all that helpful, and I'm wondering if there's a list and forum in SDN that I just haven't found yet.

Please know, I'm not a fan of this track, though some high schoolers seems to see this as an "easy" way to go to medical school in fewer years with a promise of med school admission. Sigh. I'm really looking for some data to drive a conversation about why one might want to pump the brakes a little.

Thank you! It's highly likely I just didn't stumble across the right post.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a high school student, but rather an advisor who works with them as they figure out college plans. Does this site cover BS/MD programs, including narrative descriptions, admission stats, residency match, etc? Google isn't all that helpful, and I'm wondering if there's a list and forum in SDN that I just haven't found yet.

Please know, I'm not a fan of this track, though some high schoolers seems to see this as an "easy" way to go to medical school in fewer years with a promise of med school admission. Sigh. I'm really looking for some data to drive a conversation about why one might want to pump the brakes a little.

Thank you! It's highly likely I just didn't stumble across the right post.
There is a FAQ thread about this in the forum for HS students. here: #1

I don't think you will find any direct correlation of BS/MD programs with residency matches (that is looking too far down the road) but residency matches are more closely aligned with the med school itself and the performance and initiative of a student while in that school.

Reactions: 1 users
wow, that's 13 year old thread with last post was from 8 years ago but useful info.

Members don't see this ad :)