Question about statistics requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

f8129004995

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a non-traditional student changing careers. I had a quick question about fulfilling the statistics requirement.

Here's the rundown:

• I have taken Calculus I and Calculus II.
  • I have also completed a SMP (at a medical school). I took Biostatistics as a part of my Master's program.
Do you guys think that my Master's course in Biostatistics, or my Calculus II, would complete the Statistics requirement?

I know my master's program accepted me, but different schools have different requirements. I am really unsure because the one statistics class I actually took was at the graduate level.

(Note, I will follow up with schools about this as well. I'm just looking for outside feedback.)

Members don't see this ad.

As a stats grad student, I can say that calculus II has nothing to do with stats, and your grad-level biostat class would probably fulfill the requirement. Not worth the time to take an undergrad stats class. (But you should definitely see what the offices say logistic-wise.)

Reactions: 1 users