bronchoscopy anatomy/basics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for fellowship here and I get lost quite quickly on bronchs. Any recommendations for text/website where I can learn the anatomy? Netter aint cutting it. Rads texts aint cutting it. There is an atlas of bronchoscopy but its pricey as hell.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Getting ready for fellowship here and I get lost quite quickly on bronchs. Any recommendations for text/website where I can learn the anatomy? Netter aint cutting it. Rads texts aint cutting it. There is an atlas of bronchoscopy but its pricey as hell.

Thanks!

If ya have an iPad, ACCP has an app that's pretty good.

Otherwise http://www.bronchoscopy.org/

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

I think this is the kind of thing you really mostly just acquire by DOING. There are really only so many places you can get into and it's not that many and becomes easy to remember. It's the orientation that becomes key. Once I'm in I always figure out where anterior is, remembering which structures are anterior structures, and do my best to maintain this on-screen orientation for the duration of the procedures, always visiting the segments in the same order each time.

It's also helpful, though not necessary, to learn them by their surgical number, makes conversations with your Thoracic colleagues often a bit easier.

It's also helpful, though not necessary, to learn them by their surgical number, makes conversations with your Thoracic colleagues often a bit easier.

People actually learn that system?

I wish there was a conventional for naming anatomic variants