Bringing baggage to interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanocobalamin

M4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to bring baggage to interviews, usually I have a rental car but for my Manhattan interview I think I will not be driving into the city, but I fly out of the city for my next interview. Is it ok to bring my bag with me? Or should I call first. I have seen other applicants bring bags with them to interviews thus far. What is proper bag protocol? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know the protocol, but have seen plenty of bags on the trail. Usually someone in the "office" locks them up till the end of the day.

Hope that helps.

Sounds like a good idea in case you have nowhere else to leave your stuff. Do any of you guys/gals carry a garment bag with you onto the plane as carry-on luggage in case your checked baggage gets misplaced, or do you just check a suitcase for your formal clothes? I'm trying to find out if there are small enough garment bags to fit into those overhead compartments...

Members don't see this ad :)
> Is it ok to bring baggage to interviews, usually I have a rental car but for my Manhattan interview I think I will not be driving into the city, but I fly out of the city for my next interview. Is it ok to bring my bag with me? Or should I call first.

I would definitely call first. They will almost always be able to accomodate you, but it may mean showing up a few minutes early to help the staff find a place for the bag.

If you're staying in a hotel the night before, they can hold your bags for you in the lobby until you're done with interviews. Regardless, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with you taking luggage to the interview. I've seen this happen on almost every interview I've been on so far.

it's fine
no one cares
worry more about your paranoia

Yeah, so I was curious before whether or not any of you folks carried your interview clothes on the plane with you in a garment bag or small rollaway rather than check it in and possibly not have access to it on interview day.

garmet bag is the way to go, less ironing, and its easy to carry on. My bag has other zipper pckets and things so you dont even need to check anything else. I carry the garmet bag and small shoulder bag with reading, ipod etc... its much simpler with less things to haul around.