General Range for PM&R Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmikeee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
School gives us November 26th - Jan 1st off for interviews, but I feel like most interviews also come in during mid-October to November? Trying to see if I should do a required clerkship during that time or sway towards doing an elective that can give me more time off to travel for interviews.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

School gives us November 26th - Jan 1st off for interviews, but I feel like most interviews also come in during mid-October to November? Trying to see if I should do a required clerkship during that time or sway towards doing an elective that can give me more time off to travel for interviews.

Thanks!

I started late November maybe a week before you. I think I had 2/12 interviews before Nov 26. Those last 10 did seem packed together at times but not impossible as I finished early Jan. Probably won’t have too many that early but even getting 2-3 out of the way helps. I’d pick elective if you have a choice.

Reactions: 1 user
You can structure your interviews to the dates you have available; however, I'd probably try to do an elective the month before. This is a complete n=1, but I think I had about 1/3 of my interviews prior to that date, some of which only gave me dates prior to November 26th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking back at my interview schedule from this past year, more than 50% of my interviews including prelim/TY were outside of the dates you mentioned. I think you definitely could get enough interviews in that timeframe but it might be nice to take an elective so you have flexibility. My interviews were spread out so I didn't have to rush around except for one three day span. You also never know what dates a program will have open, one of my top places that I ended up matching at offered me an interview late with limited choice of interview dates. If I was stuck on a required clerkship I probably wouldn't have had time to go to their interview.