Brief Review of Class 1A/1B/1C?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stop2stop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a quick "real-life" review of when to use Class1A/1B/1C Na channel blockers. FA is somewhat vague I feel on when to really use these. Obviously 1B post-MI, but do we really use 1A or 1C anymore, and when would be best? Any other times to use 1B? Thanks so much for any help here.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a question on World that asks about sodium channel blockers and their affinity, just remember "CAB" on the x-axis associated with level of affinity.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Very underrated source.
Yep. I bough a subscription and enjoy it quite a lot. I'm not trying to advertise the resource or anything, but for those who may be interested, check out the available free video samples and see for yourself (the samples are representative of the overall quality). It's kind of like Pathoma for (almost*) everything other than pathology, and it's not terribly expensive.
* - it does have some gaps, but new videos are added regularly and older videos get updated, too

Class C drugs are contraindicated post-MI. In addition to knowing each drug for each subclass ("(1)Da Police Questioned (2)The Poor Little Mexican (3) For Pushing Ecstasy"), know the side effects for each one, that's like 10 World questions you can get right automatically.