Boston University 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Applicants,

I hope everyone is doing great. Visiting the thread after a long long time...
Good Luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Anyone willing to share accommodation on 01/09/2014. I got IV call for 01/09/2014. Can anyone please tell me what are the chances of acceptance once called for IV? I heard they take 80% of iv candidates?

Thank you

Hi,

Anyone willing to share accommodation on 01/09/2014. I got IV call for 01/09/2014. Can anyone please tell me what are the chances of acceptance once called for IV? I heard they take 80% of iv candidates?

Thank you
Congrats jacob and all the best,
Would you mind sharing your stats? Also when did you get your application complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Thank you

Congrats! Can you tell when you received the under review and when you got the interview call? Thanks..

guys i have just passed nbde part 1 and have gpa of 3.75 with toefl scoring me at 102...should i give part 2 ...what are my chances..i wanna apply boston and san francisco. should i give part 2...ihave a paper presentation and table clinic on my cv along with a bit of work experience and have lots of cde certificates.

Hello Applicants,

I hope everyone is doing great. Visiting the thread after a long long time...
Good Luck everyone!!
received the under review mail today! kinda excited n anxious at the same time coz the real deal starts now :)

application completion email was nov 4.

received the under review mail today! kinda excited n anxious at the same time coz the real deal starts now :)

application completion email was nov 4.
what they tell you in email regarding under review application.

what they tell you in email regarding under review application.
they just say 'this is to inform you that your application is now under review. you may be called for an interview anytime between now and march. however we may call students out to intervew even outside of this time frame.

they also write a bunch of other things like contact so n so for further info etc etc..'

its very systematic and eveyrone gets an under review email. incase u havent got urs and its been a while since uve heard fom them (ie 3-4 weeks) its highly advisable u email them and inquire about ur application status.. its what i did.. i got the under review email within 2 days then!
however do keep it in mind- that everytime u email them or call them- it goes on ur application! they keep a trcak of how much u have been bugging them (hehe) so dont go over board.. :)

Reactions: 1 user
ok that mean the e-mail i received few days back also under review application......It says that ur application is currently being evaluated by Admission Committee....i received it on Nov. 20.

Anyone who received under review mail on nov 20 got interview calls yet??

Does anyone have any idea about meeting Mr.Kahan or the dean... Would that help get an interview or is it a bad idea... Will they not like it? Any ideas pls?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea about meeting Mr.Kahan or the dean... Would that help get an interview or is it a bad idea... Will they not like it? Any ideas pls?

They're very finicky at BU about people wanting to visit campus or meet any of the staff unless invited for interview. I'd suggest you email and ask, but be prepared for a very straight up no. lol ;) been there done that!

Folks, any news? Any more interviews going out? Or should I just close the chapter on BU 2014 cycle?

Folks, any news? Any more interviews going out? Or should I just close the chapter on BU 2014 cycle?

Thank Sahusho. And what if you show up with out any appointment, and just try to meet them? Just telling them you came to inquire about your status? Is that bad?

YES! lol Don't just show up, they're very weird about this. Any other university would love students to come visit, check out the campus, meet them, etc. but not BU. Correct me if I'm wrong everyone, but BU is a bit stuck up that way! Call and inquire, and if you want, ask them if you can visit, but like I said, be prepared for a big fat NO :p Hang in there sundentist! You will hear back soon...I'm in the same boat *fingers crossed*

YES! lol Don't just show up, they're very weird about this. Any other university would love students to come visit, check out the campus, meet them, etc. but not BU. Correct me if I'm wrong everyone, but BU is a bit stuck up that way! Call and inquire, and if you want, ask them if you can visit, but like I said, be prepared for a big fat NO :p Hang in there sundentist! You will hear back soon...I'm in the same boat *fingers crossed*

Thanks so much for the info Sahusho :) Can you please email me your number at [email protected] please? Just wanna discuss a little further with you regarding this, if you don't mind. I am a female dentist from India btw in case you wanna know about me :)

And regarding interviews.. They are still handing out interviews. Heard someone got one for Jan 12th.

Hello Everybody, I have received an e-mail of under review from Boston university on nov 20. People with same date have any body got an interview....

Hello Everybody, I have received an e-mail of under review from Boston university on nov 20. People with same date have any body got an interview....
not yet

Yeah I undrestand your situation exactly. We are in the same boat! I havent heard anything yet!! :) lets be hopeful!
Do you have part 2 or Toefl above 100?
Hi m504 did you get any mail from BU.
Did anyone else who got under review mail in late october get an interview call? Your answer will be of great help.Thanks

Hi , I have cleared my NBDE Part 1. I have just applied through CAAPID for a few colleges in this cycle and will be applying for more colleges in the new cycle. What affects the selection process? Incidentally I am foreign trained and have also completed my masters and I have 6 years of work experience including community based voluntary clinical experience. I have a couple of publications but only one is international and pubmed indexed. I have given my Toefl and i am awaiting my scores. I hope to score well.I have short term study research experience to my name as well. I just submitted my supplemental application to Boston. i got it within an hour or so uploading my CAAPID. What do you think my chances are? Does all this play an important role??

Thanks so much for the info Sahusho :) Can you please email me your number at [email protected] please? Just wanna discuss a little further with you regarding this, if you don't mind. I am a female dentist from India btw in case you wanna know about me :)

And regarding interviews.. They are still handing out interviews. Heard someone got one for Jan 12th.

I'm not in the US yet, but I'm coming back in a few weeks. We can talk when I get there! In the mean time you are welcome to PM me with any questions you think I might be able to help you with :)

Dear applicants,
Plz join and share the knowledge here and make the process lil easier for all the applicants..Post your questions here and i will try to answer in the best possible way..the application cycle for 2014 starts in few days..Good Luck!!

Dear applicants,
Plz join and share the knowledge here and make the process lil easier for all the applicants..Post your questions here and i will try to answer in the best possible way..the application cycle for 2014 starts in few days..Good Luck!!
can you please tell me about the interview process for 2014, i got iv and wanna know how is going there? thanks

can you please tell me about the interview process for 2014, i got iv and wanna know how is going there? thanks

Hello, can you please tell when did you received your under review email. And when is your interview. Thank you and good luck for your interview.

Those who got an application under review mail on 20 nov, get any calls?

I had submitted my application in 1st week of October but no under-review email as yet, very very worried. Don't know what to do?

How many international students does BU take every year?

Oh then Im sure you will hear soon! I guess it wouldn't hurt to email them and ask?
Thanks, semicharmed13 for your reply, I truly appreciate. Some candidates who had submitted at the same time have received the under-review email, so really very worried.

Anybody got under review in nov end
Heard from BU ?
Plz reply

I declined my spot at BU. Good luck to you all waiting for the magic call :)

I declined my spot at BU. Good luck to you all waiting for the magic call :)
hey peace. where else did you get accepted?? could you tell us when you submitted caapid, paid fees, got under review status, iv date, acceptance etc etc...

Did anyone with underreview in nov end hear . ?? Please reply.

Hi, does anyone have an idea on how many batches have been interviewed in Boston ?
I had got email from BU receiving my Supplemental Application and Application Fee on 11th October but have not heard anything after that, really very worried. Should I lose hope. :(

Ok friends, i sent an email regarding my status to Boston University and here is their response:

All applications are reviewed, and applicants notified of their final status once the Admissions Committee has finished reviewing a file. However, an application can be, and often is, reviewed multiple times since the applicant pool is ever changing throughout the admissions cycle. Therefore, rejections are typically not sent out until the Spring, at the earliest. This means that an application can be considered throughout the admissions cycle. While it is difficult, my recommendation is to remain as positive as possible during this stressful period in your life.

Thank you for your patience, and your continued interest in Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.

SO STAY POSITIVE.

Ok friends, i sent an email regarding my status to Boston University and here is their response:

All applications are reviewed, and applicants notified of their final status once the Admissions Committee has finished reviewing a file. However, an application can be, and often is, reviewed multiple times since the applicant pool is ever changing throughout the admissions cycle. Therefore, rejections are typically not sent out until the Spring, at the earliest. This means that an application can be considered throughout the admissions cycle. While it is difficult, my recommendation is to remain as positive as possible during this stressful period in your life.

Thank you for your patience, and your continued interest in Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.

SO STAY POSITIVE.
Thanks sedation for the update, but me I have not received under review email as yet after receiving acceptance of supplemental fee on 11th October, so I am really worried.

Thanks sedation for the update, but me I have not received under review email as yet after receiving acceptance of supplemental fee on 11th October, so I am really worried.
I feel your pain...this whole process is making me bald.......:(......(and Im a woman...totally not cool!)

Hey!! I got called for an interview for January 15th. Anyone interested in sharing accommodation or in city travel please send me a message