Boston University 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey!! I got called for an interview for January 15th. Anyone interested in sharing accommodation or in city travel please send me a message
Hi,
Congrats
Can you please share your "under review" email and interview invitation email date?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi m504 did you get any mail from BU.
Did anyone else who got under review mail in late october get an interview call? Your answer will be of great help.Thanks
Unfortunately not yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I wanted some advice. I am planning on applying in the next cycle. I am a CDA, I have a GPA of 3.60, NBDE-Pass, Toefl 110. What are my chances of getting a interview, or acceptance. I am currently studying to take NBDE Part II.

Hi, I wanted some advice. I am planning on applying in the next cycle. I am a CDA, I have a GPA of 3.60, NBDE-Pass, Toefl 110. What are my chances of getting a interview, or acceptance. I am currently studying to take NBDE Part II.
Hi, you have a very good stats and that really makes you well qualified for IDP. Did you apply for the 2014 cycle?

Hey!! I got called for an interview for January 15th. Anyone interested in sharing accommodation or in city travel please send me a message

Hi jayc21,
Congrats for an interview invite.
Well I do have almost similar profile to yours - Master's from India, NBDE part 1 & 2, publication, award, community work experience and volunteer assiatantship here for 6 months. Only thing scare me is my Toefl score which is unfortunately not in 3 digits (97). I recently applied to Boston and Colorado and crossing my fingers to get an interview call.
Could please tell me how much did you scored in Toefl? That will really help me to decide what are my chances?

Hi jayc21,
Congrats for an interview invite.
Well I do have almost similar profile to yours - Master's from India, NBDE part 1 & 2, publication, award, community work experience and volunteer assiatantship here for 6 months. Only thing scare me is my Toefl score which is unfortunately not in 3 digits (97). I recently applied to Boston and Colorado and crossing my fingers to get an interview call.
Could please tell me how much did you scored in Toefl? That will really help me to decide what are my chances?
hi!! i have just my nbde 1 , I havent given part 2. My TOEFL score is : 116/120

both on same date 18th Dec 2013
Hi, heartiest congratulations for the call from BU. Did you get the under-review and i.v call as one email, or two separate emails. Your reply will show some hope for aspirants like me who is waiting for some relief and hope.

hi!! i have just my nbde 1 , I havent given part 2. My TOEFL score is : 116/120
Hi thanks a lot, your scores are great and am sure you will get acceptance email too.. Please keep updating whatever info you have and don't forget to share your interview experience. Good Luck

Hi thanks a lot, your scores are great and am sure you will get acceptance email too.. Please keep updating whatever info you have and don't forget to share your interview experience. Good Luck
Hi Jay,
congrats on your interview call and good luck for it. I believe they take almost everyone who interviews there. Could you please share your GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still sending interviews or already on holiday?

Hi Jay,
congrats on your interview call and good luck for it. I believe they take almost everyone who interviews there. Could you please share your GPA?
My GPA is actually pretty low 3.38 in UG and PG

How much does the program plus living expenses cost.. General ballpark idea.. I thought it'll be around 200,000 k for Boston. Now I'm wondering if it will be more... Also if I have a cosigner, can that person cosign for the entire loan for the full two years?

hey jayc21,
congrats.I am a bit confused, I checked their website and it says the first sem ended on dec 13. So i assumed thats when the holidays started. But you got your invite on dec 18?Am I wrong in assuming that the college closed down? Can anyone clarify please?

Reactions: 1 user
I think semester/classes ending and admin staff/office closing are two different things. As far as I know admin staff don't have the same holidays as students. They stay open like most work places and have national holidays off. They may have a mandatory shut down from Xmas to New Years though...

hey jayc21,
congrats.I am a bit confused, I checked their website and it says the first sem ended on dec 13. So i assumed thats when the holidays started. But you got your invite on dec 18?Am I wrong in assuming that the college closed down? Can anyone clarify please?

I think semester/classes ending and admin staff/office closing are two different things. As far as I know admin staff don't have the same holidays as students. They stay open like most work places and have national holidays off. They may have a mandatory shut down from Xmas to New Years though...
Yep....wat u r sayin is totally right....they will b openin up in jan...dnt exactly know the date....hope they will strt sending interviews for all of us ....and also hope boston makes a new year resolution of giving seats for all the ppl who applied...:D

Reactions: 1 users
Yep....wat u r sayin is totally right....they will b openin up in jan...dnt exactly know the date....hope they will strt sending interviews for all of us ....and also hope boston makes a new year resolution of giving seats for all the ppl who applied...:D
Amen to that!

Just declined my acceptance... Hope someone get the magic call...
All the best and Happy New Year!!!

Just declined my acceptance... Hope someone get the magic call...
All the best and Happy New Year!!!
Congrats on the acceptance.!!...just wanted to know when was the interview...thanks in advance. .:)

No just waiting... Got under review mail on Nov 20.. nothing after that..
How about you?

Hey guys...anybody with interview emails after boston reopened ?....would b of help to all of us...just to know the pace of the things going there !...:/

Dr. Kahan just mailed me this morning that my application is still under review and interviews are still going on upto feb 2014 ending and seats are still available..
hope the status changes shortly!!! Praying..

Ohhh...its only till feb...i thot ts till march...:(....hope seats are left for us..
Dr. Kahan just mailed me this morning that my application is still under review and interviews are still going on upto feb 2014 ending and seats are still available..

Did you email him asking about your status?

Hi NewDentist2013 - are you interviewing on Jan 9? If so, could you post the date you got "Application review" mail and "interview" mail? Thanks
drdentist

i am also hoping to hear some news from Boston. Wht is your status?

anyone else interviewing on 16th?? who all on 9th?

Are there any chances of acceptance into BU if you've applied in December? Has anyone heard of anyone being accepted? So far haven't received my under review email :(

Are there any chances of acceptance into BU if you've applied in December? Has anyone heard of anyone being accepted? So far haven't received my under review email :(
There are few who applied in dec and got interviews...I feel it depends on your profile....if ts way too good...they will immediately select u..

i have also applied in dec and i am waiting to hear something from their end.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying. I applied in the middle of december and think I would have had a fair shot if I applied earlier..I have part 1, good gpa, toeffl well over 100, and research, and some US experience but I just think it's too late.

Do you guys know anyone PERSONALLY who got even an interview applying this late?

And what exactly does the under review email say? I got an email that said:
Applications are reviewed multiple times throughout the admissions cycle. An applicant may be invited for an interview at any point throughout the cycle. Interviews will be held between mid-October through February, although interviews may be held outside of this time frame. Therefore, your file will remain active until you are informed otherwise. Because applications are reviewed throughout the year, those who apply early will not necessarily hear of their final status earlier than other applicants.
This was in my supplemental application complete and fees reveived email. I'm guessing the under review email is different right?

Yes this s supplemental application....dnt worry...ur profile is good...u cant say anything..they might call u...depends on how they are callin and how many seats are left ...
till now havnt heard anybody getting any call s in jan after they opend ...may b they wil start soon

Yes this s supplemental application....dnt worry...ur profile is good...u cant say anything..they might call u...depends on how they are callin and how many seats are left ...
till now havnt heard anybody getting any call s in jan after they opend ...may b they wil start soon
Thank you for the input, this process is just so frustrating!! Don't know what I'll do in the next cycle.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input, this process is just so frustrating!! Don't know what I'll do in the next cycle.
Yes everybody is going through the same thing....just have to wait and c wats happening....hope they strt sending interviews soon

Hey, any recent interview invites? Does Anyone know till when BU conducts interviews? # Loosing Hope

Hey, any recent interview invites? Does Anyone know till when BU conducts interviews? # Loosing Hope
I guess everybody is loosing hope now...I heard they are saying that interviews are till feb...but since re openin they hav nt called anybody so far, as ther r no updates anywher...:(..

hey. i got an under review email early in dec. had applied late october. havent received any input regarding interview. getting a bit tensed. anyone knows if they have sent out interviews for jan 23 onwards?