Boston interview!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi I got an interview call for 6th november...Anyone else called on the 6th of november? My application was confirmed as complete on 25th august.

can u post ur stats plzzzzzzzzz its for all those who state they have been invited.this may help others who are still waiting.i appreciate ur help

thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
My Stats
NBDE 88
TOEFL 111
GPA BDS & MDS 4.00
Work Exp 4.5 yrs in India.This includes a masters in Oral Pathology.None in US
1 Thesis publication
2 National paper and 2 poster presentations

Good Luck for all awaiting for interview calls.

Stats 86/3.8/115
Extensive clinical professsional experience in europe/award winning research works.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi buddy , r u in states,

congratulations to the guys who got the interview email! I am waiting for that-------there was some delay for reference letter, i just mailed out the application package yesterday. how long do you guys think they may email me back?

congratulations to the guys who got the interview email! I am waiting for that-------there was some delay for reference letter, i just mailed out the application package yesterday. how long do you guys think they may email me back?

well, as soon as they receive ur application, u'll get an email and then one more confirming that ur application is complete and then one more after a couple of days telling that ur application is being reviewed.
Hope that helps. All The Best :thumbup:

well, as soon as they receive ur application, u'll get an email and then one more confirming that ur application is complete and then one more after a couple of days telling that ur application is being reviewed.
Hope that helps. All The Best :thumbup:
hi guys.........just wanted to check out that does BU sends an e-mail regarding that the application is being reviewed to everyone whose application is completed or to some selected students only

thanx.

hi....

my score was 84.
toefl 106
GPA 3.3
MHA GPA 3.7
i have sent my application to boston as well. i would be greatful if you could advice or predict me about the score range that receive interviews.

thank you

pooja
Hello..
I got the interview call for 13th november...
My stats..
NBDE part 1 85
NBDE part 2 80
GPA 3.64
TOEFL 105..
Same as u..u will get...

Hello..
I got the interview call for 13th november...
My stats..
NBDE part 1 85
NBDE part 2 80
GPA 3.64
TOEFL 105..
Same as u..u will get...

hey wen did u apply and wen did u get an email abt ur app completion????
i m realy worried
thanks

hey guys what are chances for BU if i apply in december???????please reply...............i guess slim chances right

I have applied to boston university on sept 29th.....
I have not received any conformation mail....
Over the phone they told me that they gonna upload my file next week.... That is in october......
How long it gonna take after that???

hey wen did u apply and wen did u get an email abt ur app completion????
i m realy worried
thanks

Hellow.. I applied on 2nd august...and sent my documents in early august..but my toefl reach very late ...around 19th september....
u will get man...
best luck..!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hellow.. I applied on 2nd august...and sent my documents in early august..but my toefl reach very late ...around 19th september....
u will get man...
best luck..!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

hey thanx for replying.i am really feeing low after rejections from uop and ucsf.....i hope to get at least a call from boston.......do u have any work exp?

hi guys...i got an interview call for Nov 20th....got the email this morning...best of luck to everybody waiting for a call ....

Besties to all.

I recieved an email today from bu and my interview is scheduled for 20th Nov. My stats are 86(new pattern),TOEFL-102, GPA-3.5. Hope it helps! Also,fellas please share your respective interview experiences. Will help us all.

ONce again my very best wishes to all those who are still awaiting .

Last edited:
Besties to all.

I recieved an email today from bu and my interview is scheduled for 20th Nov. My stats are 86(new pattern),TOEFL-102, GPA-4.5. Hope it helps! Also,fellas please share your respective interview experiences. Will help us all.

is it 3.5 or 4.5 as far as i know it is out of 4.anyways do u have any work exp?????????and wen did u get the email that ur app is under active consideraton......plz reply.itll be gr8 help

thanx

Hello,
I too received an interview call from BU scheduled on dec 4th. My scores are part-1 86, toefl 104, GPA- 3.83

Hi friends,

I got interview call from boston.

my stat part 1 88,

part2 80

toefl 100
ece 3.12
exp in homeland 2.5 yrs
us as DA more then 1 yr

i got an interview call from boston for december4
is anybody schedule for that day...

congrats on getting i/v call ,
good luck

Hi friends,

I got interview call from boston.

my stat part 1 88,

part2 80

toefl 100
ece 3.12
exp in homeland 2.5 yrs
us as DA more then 1 yr

Hey Gowri,
CONGRATS A LOT FOR THE BOSTON INTERVIEW..its really good news..so when is your interview?r u female? from which other school u get interview?

thanks ilta..
my stats are
NBDE-85/91
TOEFL-101
GPA-2.72

thanks ilta..
my stats are
NBDE-85/91
TOEFL-101
GPA-2.72
thanks for the inf..........do u mean in part 2 u have 91......any work exp?????

Last edited:
congratulations to everyone getting calls from boston.
I still didnt hear from BU,my scores are nbde 1 88,toefl 109,gpa 3.2,4yrs exp back home,1yr US exp.
I am so worried if i will get a call from BU as my application was complete on sep 9th,donno wat to do,guys plz give ur input.

Hello..u have very nice scores....
have u talked with T.R.Kahan?
u will defenitely get ur call this thursday........100%
Best luck....:thumbup:

yeah buddingdentist your stats look awesome. you ought to get a call from bu

got my call from bu today.
the interview's on dec11.
this is my only interview from the 7 unis i applied to.
my stats
88/107/3.41
:D:D:D:D:D

Hello..u have very nice scores....
have u talked with T.R.Kahan?
u will defenitely get ur call this thursday........100%
Best luck....:thumbup:

hi
just wanted to enquire that wat do u mean bycalling t r kahan
????i am also waiting for the interview ....do u think i have a chance?
my stats
nbde1 85
toefl 102
gpa 3.7
i appreciate ur input......

hi
just wanted to enquire that wat do u mean bycalling t r kahan
????i am also waiting for the interview ....do u think i have a chance?
my stats
nbde1 85
toefl 102
gpa 3.7
i appreciate ur input......
T.R Kahan is the admisssions coordinator for advanced standing program, he is the one that sends out emails abt application completion

anybody for dec 4... interview...

Hi Umber!

Congrats for getting interview! My best wishes buddy! Could you please tell wether u have US work exp? I also have the same stats like u! I am yet to apply I have 6 yrs exp at home country!

Besties to all.

I recieved an email today from bu and my interview is scheduled for 20th Nov. My stats are 86(new pattern),TOEFL-102, GPA-3.5. Hope it helps! Also,fellas please share your respective interview experiences. Will help us all.

Hi Umber!

Congrats for getting interview! My best wishes buddy! Could you please tell wether u have US work exp? I also have the same stats like u! I am yet to apply I have 6 yrs exp at home country!

Thanks for your kind wishes. I have been volunteering here in u.s for 1 year and it includes observership. Back home I hold an experience of just 1 year excluding internship so it isn't much.

best of luck.

This thread has been stagnant for long now. Hasn't anyone been called to interview on dec11 yet?
:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Last edited:
A HEarty Congratulations to All who have been invited to Bu for interview..For others who are waiting, be patient..u'll get ur call soon. Interview calls depends on when ur application gets complete..only then is it reviewed and a decision is taken whether to call a candidate or not.

I am a Bu student already..Am loving it..tough to be frank its a bit hectic..But who cares. Faculty here is awesome..We get a lot to learn in our slc sessions.

As for interviews..thought shld provide some hints as I am already gone thro all this and I know how anxious we all are about the Big Day,right?:)
Well, dress formally. Chk for weather conditions. U might wanna carry an umbrella and/or light/heavy winter jacket..depending on which month u are called in.

Interview is taken by 3 faculty members..tough each one of you will be interviewed by only one person..either Dr Ashayeri,Dr Peters or Dr.Gohel..Atlst these were the ppl who interviewed as at ur time..dunno if things have changed.

Questions are mostly personal..they'll have ur file on desk..go thro tht with you..and ask ques from there..ur background,ur aim,ur past experiences etc etc..pretty much sme tht u must have already mentioned in ur SOP/application..

On the interview day, reach there 10-15 min early. U'll start with ur brkfast..then U'll get a school tour..then as u have ur lunch u'll also be interviewd..Lastly, there will be a session where they'll let u know about financial aid options etc.

U shld be done by 3 or 3-30...Of course u all will get a formal invite thro regular snail mail where the exact schedule will be given.I just have tried giving u all a rough idea as to how things will go.

Enjoy ur visit here at BU. Faculty is gr88 and very approachble.
Good Luck to All.

Pls dont send personal msgs since our exams are going on and I wont be able to ans all of them
Of course will try and chk this thread as and when I get time.
One thing for sure I can say if u become a Bu student...Life gets pretty busy..haha..kidding..ofcourse there will be time for some fun too.

Bye.
regards,
Richa:)

:thumbup:
million thanks richa sharma u did an excellent effort,i wish u luck in ur exams, can we just know about your status last year ,and what about the average of those who were accepted after the interview?? also is it mandatory to know one from there to get accepted cause i keep hearing this all the time, my last question is how many seats do they have for the program?

hI ALL D MEMBERS
I M A NEW MEMBER..
JST WANNA KNOW MY CHANCES OF CALL
nbde I 87(NEW PATTERN)
TOEFL 100
GPA 3.03
APPLICATION GOT COMPLETED ON aUG 10
NO CALLS AS YET
JST GOTTO KNOW D COMMITTEE IS SEEING MY APPLICATION ON 17 SEP
DO I STAND A CHANCE??

M VERY NERVOUS
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi, well, if u r asking about my scores..i had taken my part 1 by old formaT..had got 96..had applied for class of 2009..also got accepted..but later on defereed for next yr due to personal reasons..

yes, ur part 1 scores definetely matters...They will take into a/c ur GPA,past work ex, any other degrees,ur SOp..and how good an impression u make at ur interview.

Lacking in any 1 of these fields doesnt mean tht u will not make it..( anyone with low GPA..try making ur Sops etc good..have gr88 work ex..and yes an awesome part 1 score will def do it!!)..Dont forget u need to apply in time coz BU has rolling admissions..Last yr there were many who were better than some of those who got accepted..only diff was tht they had applied late..Remember ur file is picked up only when it gets complete..so have ur TOEFL test scores ,ECE reports etc send in fast..

Hope I answered some of ur ques.

Thnks for ur good wishes for my exams..
Will keep chking here frnds..
Good Luck.
Bye.

Hi, well, if u r asking about my scores..i had taken my part 1 by old formaT..had got 96..had applied for class of 2009..also got accepted..but later on defereed for next yr due to personal reasons..

yes, ur part 1 scores definetely matters...They will take into a/c ur GPA,past work ex, any other degrees,ur SOp..and how good an impression u make at ur interview.

Lacking in any 1 of these fields doesnt mean tht u will not make it..( anyone with low GPA..try making ur Sops etc good..have gr88 work ex..and yes an awesome part 1 score will def do it!!)..Dont forget u need to apply in time coz BU has rolling admissions..Last yr there were many who were better than some of those who got accepted..only diff was tht they had applied late..Remember ur file is picked up only when it gets complete..so have ur TOEFL test scores ,ECE reports etc send in fast..

Hope I answered some of ur ques.

Thnks for ur good wishes for my exams..
Will keep chking here frnds..
Good Luck.
Bye.

hi Richa,
So, are u currently studying in BU or starting in 2009 or 2010.? just curious.

HI

NOBODY SHOWING UP THESE DAYS???
COME ON GUYS HELP!!!

thanks

HI

NOBODY SHOWING UP THESE DAYS???
COME ON GUYS HELP!!!

thanks

You will get a call soon !:thumbup:
I personally feel that 87 is a competitive score to get in however pattern shows that most of the universities are also looking for US dental related experience, whether it is additional qualifications in the field; like masters, research or any kind of dental clinical exposure.
Good luck !

You will get a call soon !:thumbup:
I personally feel that 87 is a competitive score to get in however pattern shows that most of the universities are also looking for US dental related experience, whether it is additional qualifications in the field; like masters, research or any kind of dental clinical exposure.
Good luck !
THANKS DEAR!!

U C I'V BEEN REALLY APPREHESIVE!!

aLL D VERY BEST 2 U TOO

am already a student at BU..Class of 2010 means ,I'll graduate in 2010..:)

Does BU sends an official interview invitation after an e-mail or it's just an e-mail 4rm their side?
thanx
I have an interview appointment for 30th Oct as well. I have received both an email and the same info in a postal mail. I confirmed by responding back to the email but there has not been any confirmation letter etc. I hope that helps. If you receive anything, please let us know.